This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a definition of faith that is precise.

#71OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 9:44:22 PM
Well, there are only two plausible ways you could come to that conclusion. Either you aren't bothering to comprehend what I'm saying or you're purposefully bastardizing my words. Neither reflects on you very well.

Because "I'm right" is not a possible conclusion? That's definitely a claim that you're making, since you said that there were ONLY TWO ways I could have got there, which means "I'm right" is definitely not one of those two.

So prove your claim.

Oh wait, you aren't going to, because you're a horrible person.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#72cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 9:47:53 PM
Because "I'm right" is not a possible conclusion? That's definitely a claim that you're making, since you said that there were ONLY TWO ways I could have got there, which means "I'm right" is definitely not one of those two.

I said only two plausible ways. You seem to have missed the word "plausible." That would lend credence to the option that you're not bothering to comprehend what I'm saying..

And no, you being right is not a plausible option because your conclusion is so far removed from anything I've said.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
Locke: "It's never been easy!"
#73OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 9:49:02 PM
I said only two plausible ways.

oh look, more intellectual cowardice.

And no, you being right is not a plausible option because your conclusion is so far removed from anything I've said.

So prove your claim.

Oh wait, you aren't going to because you're a horrible person.
---
#74cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 10:03:25 PM(edited)
oh look, more intellectual cowardice.

How is it cowardice to point out that you're, yet again, misreading what I say?

So prove your claim.

If you CTRL-F what you said and try to find it anywhere in what I said, you won't be able to. For instance, I never said that faith is something that just appears in our minds whenever God wills it. (Though, if God did will faith to appear in our minds, it would since God is omnipotent and all.)
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
#75OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 10:08:23 PM
How is it cowardice to point out that you're, yet again, misreading what I say?

It's cowardice to never stand behind your own words. You never "claimed" anything. You never "said" anything. You never "implied" anything. You only suggested that maybe, perhaps, the implications of these things could plausibly be true, because you are a coward.
---
#76cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 10:16:03 PM
It's cowardice to never stand behind your own words. You never "claimed" anything. You never "said" anything. You never "implied" anything. You only suggested that maybe, perhaps, the implications of these things could plausibly be true, because you are a coward.

I am standing behind my words. I just refuse to stand by the bastardized words you attribute to me. I recognize when you're acting like the Tea Party and trying to get me to commit to a more extreme stance than I think I ought to. And I've called you out on it several times. Apparently, you don't like that.
---
#77OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 10:27:26 PM
I am standing behind my words.

But you just won't make any claims as to their truth.
Nor do you think that you need to demonstrate the truth of anything you say

If your words were depending on you to give them covering fire, then they all died horribly.
---
#78cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 10:29:58 PM
But you just won't make any claims as to their truth.

I think you mistake making weak claims for making no claims. If such distinctions are beyond you, then there's nothing further to discuss here.

Nor do you think that you need to demonstrate the truth of anything you say

I've demonstrated the truth of plenty of what I've said. Not that you paid attention, probably.
---
#79OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 10:31:31 PM
I think you mistake making weak claims for making no claims. If such distinctions are beyond you, then there's nothing further to discuss here.

I think you mistake "weak claims" with "claims I don't need to back up because I'm not fully committing to anything I say"

I've demonstrated the truth of plenty of what I've said. Not that you paid attention, probably.

>probably
Oh look, more cowardice.
---
#80cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 10:36:44 PM
I think you mistake "weak claims" with "claims I don't need to back up because I'm not fully committing to anything I say"

Once again, I backed up my claims (which is more than can be said of you). Some of the claims you attributed to me and asked of me I didn't back up, though. You're right about that. But that's because I didn't claim those things.

>probably
Oh look, more cowardice

Hey, there is the possibility that you paid attention but are trolling me. I've seen nothing to discount that entirely.

So are we done here? I think so.
---