This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#1LastManStandingPosted 1/13/2013 10:58:06 PM
Temper, harsh language, rejoicing in the death and destruction of others. Wow what a character to follow. I was shocked what I read. Do yourself a favor, and study history who's doctrine you follow.
What fruits was he producing?
Thank God for Jesus Christ.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 10:59:50 PM
You read about him when he got old, sick, and senile. His younger self would have hated his older self.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#3darklaoPosted 1/13/2013 11:05:14 PM
If they say something true, I don't really care if they were a total a******, honestly. I mean if somebody cured cancer but also kicked puppies every Saturday, I'm not going to die of cancer just because I don't like puppy-kicking.
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement
#4LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:05:24 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
You read about him when he got old, sick, and senile. His younger self would have hated his older self.

I'm surprised at your comment. I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc... After their repentance it was clear sailing towards God although filled with suffering.
This is out of the ordinary.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#5LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:07:25 PM
The thing is that Luther came and took Church of Christ apart. Created his own inspired institutions, claiming to be in the right.
As I recall Christ was all about unity, peace, and love.
---
#6TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 11:08:22 PM
LastManStanding posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I'm surprised at your comment. I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc... After their repentance it was clear sailing towards God although filled with suffering.

Meh.. when you get severely ill and senile and old you typically do end up saying things you wouldnt ordinarily say. Not exactly common, but not unheard of. God made us so that we age, and when we age certain things start to go.. out of order.

But ordinary or not, it is also true. He said a lot of good stuff in his earlier days, but then he got old and his brain and body started to go out and spent the last few years raving madly, saying things that he spent most of his life standing against.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
#7lastheroPosted 1/13/2013 11:08:55 PM
I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc...

How many Saints have you known? Not read about - KNOWN.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#8TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 11:10:06 PM
The thing is that Luther came and took Church of Christ apart. Created his own inspired institutions, claiming to be in the right.
As I recall Christ was all about unity, peace, and love.

Ah, I figured that was what this was about.

The Catholic Church lost its grip because of its own choices. If it wasnt Luther it would have been someone else. If you cant take responsibility, you cant repent, and the last thing God's Church needs is an institution that cannot repent.
---
#9LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:14:07 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Meh.. when you get severely ill and senile and old you typically do end up saying things you wouldnt ordinarily say. Not exactly common, but not unheard of. God made us so that we age, and when we age certain things start to go.. out of order.

But ordinary or not, it is also true. He said a lot of good stuff in his earlier days, but then he got old and his brain and body started to go out and spent the last few years raving madly, saying things that he spent most of his life standing against.

Saint John, that wrote few books of the New Testament, even when he was getting old, still came to gathering and said God is Love.
God takes you up, meaning you die at the best possible moment in your life, that is why so many Saints died very young.
---
#10TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 11:15:17 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Saint John, that wrote few books of the New Testament, even when he was getting old, still came to gathering and said God is Love.
God takes you up, meaning you die at the best possible moment in your life, that is why so many Saints died very young.

Yes, different people age differently and react to age differently.
---