This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#11LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:16:48 PM
lasthero posted...
I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc...

How many Saints have you known? Not read about - KNOWN.

Know none, but 2 that are blessed and are on the way to sainthood are Mother Theresa of Calcuta and John Paul the II who was instrumental in bringing down communism. Very very gentle souls. Saints that were violent, or angry, etc... were in the beginning of their lives, not once they found the Lord. I don't think there is even ONE instance when that is not true.
Look at St. Paul, killer to Saint after Jesus shows up to him on the way to Damascus.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#12LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:17:41 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
LastManStanding posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
You read about him when he got old, sick, and senile. His younger self would have hated his older self.

I'm surprised at your comment. I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc... After their repentance it was clear sailing towards God although filled with suffering.
This is out of the ordinary.

Meh.. when you get severely ill and senile and old you typically do end up saying things you wouldnt ordinarily say. Not exactly common, but not unheard of. God made us so that we age, and when we age certain things start to go.. out of order.

But ordinary or not, it is also true. He said a lot of good stuff in his earlier days, but then he got old and his brain and body started to go out and spent the last few years raving madly, saying things that he spent most of his life standing against.

Saint John, that wrote few books of the New Testament, even when he was getting old, still came to gathering and said God is Love.
God takes you up, meaning you die at the best possible moment in your life, that is why so many Saints died very young.

Yes, different people age differently and react to age differently.

Find me one Saint, one Saint that was losing it towards the end of his/her life.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#13TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 10:18:05 PM
I dont believe in this Saint nonsense anyway. All Christians are saints. And some of us get a bit senile with age and illness.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#14LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:26:46 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
I dont believe in this Saint nonsense anyway. All Christians are saints. And some of us get a bit senile with age and illness.

We are called to be Saints.
---
#15TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 10:27:58 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Indeed. So my question is how I can define whether someone has become a Saint, then, so I can help figure this thing out.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
#16Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/13/2013 10:36:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy
#17LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:37:12 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Indeed. So my question is how I can define whether someone has become a Saint, then, so I can help figure this thing out.

Good way is to read biographies of Saints, see how they devoted themselves to God and try to mirror their way of life. It is a complete devotion, which is very had to achieve in today's world, but people still get it done today...
---
#18TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/13/2013 10:38:41 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Good way is to read biographies of Saints, see how they devoted themselves to God and try to mirror their way of life. It is a complete devotion, which is very had to achieve in today's world, but people still get it done today...

Okay, great. My great grandmother was a very spiritual woman, and at the end of her life she could not even remember her own family or most of her life. There is your example that very spiritual people do indeed.. um.. suffer from health problems when they age
---
#19LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:14:18 PM
May God bless the soul of your grandma.
---
#20chareyPosted 1/14/2013 7:00:27 AM
lasthero posted...
I don't think I know a Saint that towards the end of his/her their would break down and become angry, violent, or etc...

How many Saints have you known? Not read about - KNOWN.

Know none, but 2 that are blessed and are on the way to sainthood are Mother Theresa of Calcuta and John Paul the II who was instrumental in bringing down communism. Very very gentle souls. Saints that were violent, or angry, etc... were in the beginning of their lives, not once they found the Lord. I don't think there is even ONE instance when that is not true.
Look at St. Paul, killer to Saint after Jesus shows up to him on the way to Damascus.

I think John Paul the II missed a spot, last I checked China was still communist.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart