This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#101LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:36:18 PM
ravenomoar posted...
Here's a letter of from another proponent of the so called faith, Mother Teresa. Sounding like an atheist:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3199062.html

"I call, I cling, I want ... and there is no One to answer ... no One on Whom I can cling ... no, No One. Alone ... Where is my Faith ... even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness ... My God ... how painful is this unknown pain ... I have no Faith ... I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart ... & make me suffer untold agony.

So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them ... because of the blasphemy ... If there be God ... please forgive me ... When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul. I am told God loves me ... and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

Looks like a test of faith.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#102LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:42:01 PM
Systemafunk posted...
You don't need miracles to have faith, shaken faith can be strengthen by miracles.

That contradicts your whole blathering post about the Eucharist being necessary and me having to "answer to God" for not partaking in it just because there is no Biblical reason to take it that way.

Eucharist is necessary. The 133 Eucharist miracles were brought about to strengthen people's faith. Remember Thomas that did not believe when Christ was in the midst of the disciples. Blessed are the ones that did not see and believed.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#103fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 6:43:26 PM
LastManStanding posted...
The 133 Eucharist miracles were brought about to strengthen people's faith.

And I'm sure those 133 people had great increases in the strength of their faith. Now I want one of those miracles to strengthen my faith. Why don't I get one?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#104LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:15:42 PM
fudrick posted...
The 133 Eucharist miracles were brought about to strengthen people's faith.

And I'm sure those 133 people had great increases in the strength of their faith. Now I want one of those miracles to strengthen my faith. Why don't I get one?

Read Jesus Lives Today or Divine Mercy in my Soul, lots of miracles.
In Divine Mercy in my Soul is a diary of a nun St. Faustuna that had Revelation with Christ almost on daily bases.
---
#105fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 7:25:42 PM
In Divine Mercy in my Soul is a diary of a nun St. Faustuna that had Revelation with Christ almost on daily bases.

Again, that's very nice for her, but I honestly don't care at all about stories of other people allegedly experiencing Eucharist miracles. I want to experience one myself before I accept its validity. How is this hard to understand?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#106LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:28:33 PM
fudrick posted...

Again, that's very nice for her, but I honestly don't care at all about stories of other people allegedly experiencing Eucharist miracles. I want to experience one myself before I accept its validity. How is this hard to understand?

You will have to go to Holy mass then, because Eucharist happens at the Holy mass.
---
#107LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:33:56 PM
The way God the Father looks at Earth is like this. There is a giant cross in the sky with Jesus that is between God the Father and Earth. To see Earth God the Father looks through Christ wounds. So the Almighty is always reminded of His Son's sacrifice for us.
---
#108SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 7:37:54 PM
Eucharist is necessary.

Then you are contradicting yourself.

The Bible says that all that is necessary for salvation is faith. Faith is not just belief though, as it is both belief and trust, and since miracles are not required for faith (which the Bible also states), and the Eucharist is a miracle, then the Eucharist, whatever you think it is or try to explain it as, is not required for salvation.

That's what the Bible says. Anything else is non Biblical. Sorry.

And don't bother responding to this. If you want to disagree, do so on your own.
#109fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 7:38:04 PM
You will have to go to Holy mass then, because Eucharist happens at the Holy mass.

Did you miss where I stated that I've attended nearly (if not more than) a thousand catholic masses in my life? I've had plenty of opportunities to experience such a miracle.
---
Best FCs:
#110LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:57:35 PM
Systemafunk posted...
Eucharist is necessary.

Then you are contradicting yourself.

The Bible says that all that is necessary for salvation is faith. Faith is not just belief though, as it is both belief and trust, and since miracles are not required for faith (which the Bible also states), and the Eucharist is a miracle, then the Eucharist, whatever you think it is or try to explain it as, is not required for salvation.

That's what the Bible says. Anything else is non Biblical. Sorry.

And don't bother responding to this. If you want to disagree, do so on your own.

Eat my body and drink my blood cannot be ignored
---