This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#111LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:58:47 PM
fudrick posted...
LastManStanding posted...
You will have to go to Holy mass then, because Eucharist happens at the Holy mass.

Did you miss where I stated that I've attended nearly (if not more than) a thousand catholic masses in my life? I've had plenty of opportunities to experience such a miracle.

Now you know those miracles happen.
You can also visit the churches with the Eucharistic miracles relics.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#112fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 7:18:15 PM
Eat my body and drink my blood cannot be ignored

And what's your biblical basis for assuming that a cracker is synonymous with the body of christ and that wine is synonymous with the blood of christ? Even if that was as literal as you're interpreting it to be, wouldn't it be just as valid for me to declare that any random food and drink that I consume are the body and blood of christ?

You think this is all new information for me? I was raised as a catholic.

What would this do for me?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#113LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:04:21 AM
fudrick posted...
Eat my body and drink my blood cannot be ignored

And what's your biblical basis for assuming that a cracker is synonymous with the body of christ and that wine is synonymous with the blood of christ? Even if that was as literal as you're interpreting it to be, wouldn't it be just as valid for me to declare that any random food and drink that I consume are the body and blood of christ?

You think this is all new information for me? I was raised as a catholic.

What would this do for me?

first point) No because wine and bread and consecrated. Regular food is not consecrated. If you would read the mystery of the mass, priest merges with Christ, and only Christ stands on the alter. So Jesus Christ, not the priest is actually consecrating the bread and wine, to be His Body and His Blood. Regular food at home this did not happen.
second point) You should ready the mystery of the mass, I had no clue what goes on during mass, after reading it experience of mass is so much different
third point) deepen your faith. Sometimes Christ appears in front of people especially during the adoration of Most Holy Sacrament. But you have to go to experience it.

question>Did you get your first communion and confirmation?
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#114fudrickPosted 1/24/2013 8:48:57 AM
I asked what your biblical basis was for believing that what you do should be considered eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#115LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:28:47 AM(edited)
fudrick posted...
I asked what your biblical basis was for believing that what you do should be considered eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ.

John 6:53-54

Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

---
#116fudrickPosted 1/24/2013 9:42:34 AM
And where does that verse mention crackers and wine?
---
Best FCs:
#117LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:15:16 AM(edited)
fudrick posted...
And where does that verse mention crackers and wine?

It is bread not crackers

Mark 14:22-25
While they were eating, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, and said, "Take it; this is my body."

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, and they all drank from it.

He said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed for many.

Amen, I say to you, I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."
---
#118fudrickPosted 1/24/2013 10:25:24 AM
It is bread not crackers

Yes, I know, I'm just making fun of the concept.

While they were eating, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, and said, "Take it; this is my body."

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, and they all drank from it.

He said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed for many.

Amen, I say to you, I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

Ah, of course. But don't you think that perhaps there was a reason that Jesus did this only once, with only these specific people?
---
Best FCs:
#119LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:35:57 AM
fudrick posted...
It is bread not crackers

Yes, I know, I'm just making fun of the concept.

Ah, of course. But don't you think that perhaps there was a reason that Jesus did this only once, with only these specific people?

Luke 22:19
Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me."
---
#120ravenomoarPosted 1/24/2013 3:11:22 PM
I think it should be a new rule in the forum to limit the use of biblical quotes :-)