This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#121LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:06:03 PM
ravenomoar posted...
I think it should be a new rule in the forum to limit the use of biblical quotes :-)

Word of God shows the way
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#122ravenomoarPosted 1/24/2013 6:22:35 PM
Funny god's actions and miracles can be summed up to chance. Maybe you have a better chance or winning the lottery!
#123LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:37:37 PM
ravenomoar posted...
Funny god's actions and miracles can be summed up to chance. Maybe you have a better chance or winning the lottery!

No such thing as chance, God's will
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#124ravenomoarPosted 1/24/2013 7:56:50 PM
Let's see millions of prayers, next to zero answered, millions of sick, next to zero healed. It all happens by chance, nature's chance. For an all knowing and powerful God who controls everything. He she it is very inconsistent. Why don't you post some more quotes from the bible you cant seem to think for yourself.
#125LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:10:26 PM
ravenomoar posted...
Let's see millions of prayers, next to zero answered, millions of sick, next to zero healed. It all happens by chance, nature's chance. For an all knowing and powerful God who controls everything. He she it is very inconsistent. Why don't you post some more quotes from the bible you cant seem to think for yourself.

So so so so many prayers of mine answered, before my eyes, small delay, a little later.
You do not know what you are saying. What you want a prayer answered to have a billion dollars, that will corrupt you beyond recognition, and it would be hard for you to go to heaven. No way. I don't want to touch billion dollar with a stick.

Everything is a grace from God everything. Look how merciful is the Almighty, based on how the Atheists insult Him. Yes in His Love and Mercy they are still here. Try to insult anyone on Earth see how far that will get you, just to see the comparison.

Oh Beloved Almighty God,
Source of Infinite Goodness, Love, and Mercy
Be Blessed and Adored forever and ever,
You who were, is, and will come again.
Glory to God!!!!

---
#126Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/24/2013 9:16:11 PM
LastManStanding posted...
ravenomoar posted...

So so so so many prayers of mine answered, before my eyes, small delay, a little later.
You do not know what you are saying. What you want a prayer answered to have a billion dollars, that will corrupt you beyond recognition, and it would be hard for you to go to heaven. No way. I don't want to touch billion dollar with a stick.

Everything is a grace from God everything. Look how merciful is the Almighty, based on how the Atheists insult Him. Yes in His Love and Mercy they are still here. Try to insult anyone on Earth see how far that will get you, just to see the comparison.

Oh Beloved Almighty God,
Glory to God!!!!

@rave: What are you talking about? No prayer in the history of prayer has ever been answered.

@LMS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI Praying to a jug of milk gets the same results as praying to God, Satan, Zeus, Allah, football, and so on: "Yes", "No", and "Wait", or in other words nothing whatsoever. It's always a coincidence when it appears to get answered, no matter who or what is being prayed to. I prayed to Zeus to keep me from falling when I stood up from the computer and I didn't fall! Praise Zeus!

Also, I can freely insult any other character I don't think exists and not get hurt. How nice of them! Thanks, Zeus and Sauron, you're the coolest!
#127ravenomoarPosted 1/24/2013 9:50:44 PM
Lord_Ichmael posted...
LastManStanding posted...
ravenomoar posted...

Oh Beloved Almighty God,
Glory to God!!!!

@rave: What are you talking about? No prayer in the history of prayer has ever been answered.

@LMS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI Praying to a jug of milk gets the same results as praying to God, Satan, Zeus, Allah, football, and so on: "Yes", "No", and "Wait", or in other words nothing whatsoever. It's always a coincidence when it appears to get answered, no matter who or what is being prayed to. I prayed to Zeus to keep me from falling when I stood up from the computer and I didn't fall! Praise Zeus!

Also, I can freely insult any other character I don't think exists and not get hurt. How nice of them! Thanks, Zeus and Sauron, you're the coolest!

I know I guess my cynicism didn't come across :) I do think its silly when people think their prayers are answered. I guess insanity is somehow part of it.
#128IvashankoPosted 1/25/2013 6:50:44 AM
Let's see millions of prayers, next to zero answered

If you are going to make up statistics, please don't expect others to take you seriously. Just because you 'feel' something is true doesn't make it so. It isn't even relevant.
#129fudrickPosted 1/25/2013 11:09:51 AM
Ivashanko posted...
If you are going to make up statistics, please don't expect others to take you seriously. Just because you 'feel' something is true doesn't make it so. It isn't even relevant.

Out of curiosity, what are the actual statistics?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#130IvashankoPosted 1/25/2013 11:27:50 AM
Out of curiosity, what are the actual statistics?

I have not the first idea what the statistics are, or how to even study them (excepting things such as healing time in hospitals, life expectancy increased for those who pray, etc). My point is not that his feeling is wrong, really, but rather that arguments must be backed up by something, which neither he, nor I, nor anyone else really has.