This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#51LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:12:51 PM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...
LastManStanding posted...
What I read also that Luther who broke off from the Catholic Church had insane hate for the Church, and would gather support from people that were not believers.
I'm sorry but this is not how disciple of Christ behaves. That is not what Christ teaches. He broke up the Church and interesting enough three factors that are strong in the fight vs Satan, which he fears were removed from the faith:
- the Eucharist
- Role of Mary Mother of God
- Archangel Michael

Remember bro, the Catholic Church around this time was corrupt as hell. You are going to hell... unless you pay us money. Then you get to go to heaven.

Periods of trail. Your faith should not be attached to any man, for all are men are sinners. Should be based on Christ.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#52LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:17:08 PM
chukie_sue posted...
Luther regularly admitted that he had a bad temper and a potty mouth. I probably would too if the church was effectively damning people with interdictions while exploiting the poor, practicing simony, and going public with their already horrific sexual crimes. At teh time he produced more fruit than the Roman Catholic church by far.

Sue he broke off the Church of Christ, in pride he felt he was better. Periods of trails my friend, hold on to your faith. Same thing now with the sex abuse scandals, what I am supposed to run because some priests sinned. They are so tempted by the devil that it cannot be described. I love Christ, and I stay in his Church, till He calls me home to His Kingdom where I would adore Him, Father, and Holy Spirit in Unity with Virgin Mary and all the Saints.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#53LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:21:36 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
LastManStanding posted...
The thing is that Luther came and took Church of Christ apart. Created his own inspired institutions, claiming to be in the right.
As I recall Christ was all about unity, peace, and love.

ROL!! haha. I almost choked on my cup of milk when i read this. I had to put my food down for this one.

Your right he was about unity. The complete opposite of the papacy in general: "Follow the pope or be excommunicated or die"

Look at the 4th crusade. Look at the various catholic massacres in germany and austria of people who just believed in different doctrine. Its amazing how many millions were killed just because the pope didnt like someone or some group. The papacy very often did the opposite of what christ preached. Especially our current pope. Benedict, who wrote in one of his 24+ books that christ is not the messiah described in the old testament. Im serious. Google it. Pope Benedict does not even believe christ is the messiah from the old testament. He said it in his book.

Rest of the world- 1
Catholic church- 0

About Benedict XVI what you say it is false, but god you brought it to my attention. I will got to the right sources with that lie. You got info from Protestant sites that attack the Catholic Church. Thanks
---
#54LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:20:37 PM

The Catholic Church, though scattered throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, having received the faith from the apostles and their disciples. . . guards [this preaching and faith] with care, as dwelling in but a single house, and similarly believes as if having but one soul and a single heart, and preaches, teaches and hands on this faith with a unanimous voice, as if possessing only one mouth.

---
#55LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:35:03 PM
I got something to tell you my friends, in Fatima Mary's Revelation Mary expressed her anguish regarding all the blasphemies she is receiving regarding her Immaculate Heart. There is a grace of first Saturday's of how to atone for those blasphemies of others. Christ in Feb 15, 1926 Revelation explained how He wants the prayers to be conducted.

Listen, Beloved Son of God, Our Lord Jesus Christ Loves His Mother, and we have to atone for blasphemies to her Immaculate Heart, so wake up! Give Mary her respect, we are all her children
---
#56DarkContractorPosted 1/22/2013 4:13:36 AM
I'm not reading through this fallacious topic but I'm assuming that someone's sniped back with a comment about LMS following pedophiles, right?

if not, lololololol LMS follows pedophiles.

pro-tip, there is no 'authority' in most (I say most just cause I don't know every denomination but I'm pretty sure it's all) Protestant denominations. We have Pastors of our Churches who lead us in discovering God's Will (kinda like a mini-shepherd) by means of equipping us with information and opportunity, but ultimately we are supposed to judge for ourselves what God's Will is by mean of prayer and the Holy Spirit (which is one of the main reasons I am Baptist. to say I need someone's help figuring out God's will or I need God's will from someone else pretty much knocks the Spirit's role down to "make me happy!!! :D". Matthew 18 is pretty much how our authority works.

Another pro-tip: If I say 1+1=2 then go say some hateful, spiteful things some corrupt evil things, etc. then does that suddenly mean 1+1 no longer equals two?
---
www.youtube.com/user/MisterPillow An apologetics channel on the Christian faith (And I'm better looking than Proudclad)
#57LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:04:00 AM
What you just remind me is to pray for the priests.
The most tempted people in the world by Satan.
Two things happen which Satan hates:
The Eucharist, and Confession.
---
#58DarkContractorPosted 1/22/2013 12:32:27 PM
Priest messes up. "His believes are the same as mine so I'll pray for him!"
Luther messes up. "Everything he's ever said is obviously incorrect."
---
www.youtube.com/user/MisterPillow An apologetics channel on the Christian faith (And I'm better looking than Proudclad)
#59DarkContractorPosted 1/22/2013 12:36:59 PM
oh and since the second half of your paragraph was the "lets say irrelevant random things" games,

Blood Assurance is a non-profit organization designed to donate blood to surrounding hospitals of the Chattanooga, Tennessee, North Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina areas. Their headquarters is at East 4th Street Chattanooga.

Blood Assurance serves 47 health care facilities in 31 counties. Blood Assurance was founded in 1972 by the Chattanooga - Hamilton County Medical Society, Chattanooga Area Hospital Council, and Chattanooga Jaycees. From the very start Blood Assurance has been providing a safe supply of blood to those in need. Blood Assurance is a member of the American Association of Blood Banks, Tennessee Association Of Blood Banks, Tennessee Hospital Association, and Chattanooga Area Hospital Council. Blood Assurance is licenced by the Tennessee Department Of Public Health and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
---
#60LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:15:26 PM
DarkContractor posted...
Priest messes up. "His believes are the same as mine so I'll pray for him!"
Luther messes up. "Everything he's ever said is obviously incorrect."

Good point about Luther, he might be in purgatory till this day. So I would pray for him. Thanks.
---