This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#71stuartturner101Posted 1/23/2013 9:06:14 AM
Completely serious.
---
If you want oak, chew on a plank.
#72SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:30:06 PM
You would tell the Lord, you had no reason to consume it. Are you serious?

What are you going to do when he says you had no reason to do that?
#73fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 2:31:51 PM
Systemafunk posted...

"What? You mean you're not happy that I pretended to eat your son every day?"
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#74LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:40:15 PM
fudrick posted...
Systemafunk posted...

"What? You mean you're not happy that I pretended to eat your son every day?"

Maybe this will motivate you:
John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#75SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:44:37 PM(edited)
It means that whomever Christ is daily sustenance for, living water (blood) and the bread of life (flesh), will share in the resurrection.

When he offered the Samaritan woman living water, which is the same exact metaphor, he wasn't offering her a vampiric experience...
#76SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:45:38 PM
Your interpretation just does not line up with other scripture that makes those metaphors more evident.
#77LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:53:06 PM(edited)
Systemafunk posted...
Your interpretation just does not line up with other scripture that makes those metaphors more evident.

Problem is that this is not an interpretation, it is the truth. What you are saying is interpretation. Church been saying that for almost 2000 years.
Read the entire chapter, it actually says there has been people who did not accepted this and returned to their old ways, interesting that this is called John 6:66
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PXE.HTM
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#78ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 3:01:13 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Systemafunk posted...

Problem is that this is not an interpretation, it is the truth. What you are saying is interpretation. Church been saying that for almost 2000 years.
Read the entire chapter, it actually says there has been people who did not accepted this and returned to their old ways, interesting that this is called John 6:66

False. The Vatican is a scam, business and political force. Just because you believe it does not make it so. Circular evidence is the equivalent of the toilet paper I wipe my bottom with.
#79LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:11:27 PM(edited)
ravenomoar posted...
LastManStanding posted...
Systemafunk posted...

False. The Vatican is a scam, business and political force. Just because you believe it does not make it so. Circular evidence is the equivalent of the toilet paper I wipe my bottom with.

The only circular thing happening here, is Satan running circles around you.
---
#80SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 3:12:57 PM

Wow, some numerology thrown in there. That gives it some serious weight!

Anyway, the facts are what are written in the Bible, and if your interpretation, which it is, does not line up with other parts of the Bible, then your interpretation is wrong.

I don't have a problem with self consistency. And I'm sorry, but self consistency and Biblical accuracy > tradition.