This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#81fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 3:21:33 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Maybe this will motivate you:
John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

In case it wasn't clear, I don't personally place any importance on your bible or anything it says. I do have to wonder how you came to the conclusion that this verse is referring to crackers and wine and not something else, perhaps like Systema's interpretation. Maybe if you were literally eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ, your little ritual would have more merit.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#82LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:25:41 PM
fudrick posted...
Maybe this will motivate you:
John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

In case it wasn't clear, I don't personally place any importance on your bible or anything it says. I do have to wonder how you came to the conclusion that this verse is referring to crackers and wine and not something else, perhaps like Systema's interpretation. Maybe if you were literally eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ, your little ritual would have more merit.

Eucharist miracles remind non-believers that this in fact is the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Search Eucharist miracles in google image search. What else do you need?
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#83fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 3:27:44 PM
Eucharist miracles remind non-believers that this in fact is the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Search Eucharist miracles in google image search. What else do you need?

I dunno, something demonstrable would be a good start.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#84ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 3:41:59 PM
fudrick posted...

Its only demonstrable if you turn off your brain. Funny how we need miracles to have faith.
#85LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:46:56 PM
ravenomoar posted...
fudrick posted...

Its only demonstrable if you turn off your brain. Funny how we need miracles to have faith.

You don't need miracles to have faith, shaken faith can be strengthen by miracles.
God does not care how you arrive at faith, as longest you do.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#86ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 3:53:00 PM
ravenomoar posted...
fudrick posted...

You don't need miracles to have faith, shaken faith can be strengthen by miracles.

For someone who never answers any posts directly, you seem to know a lot about what god wants and doesn't want. Do you have some secret we don't know about?
#87LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:56:49 PM
ravenomoar posted...
ravenomoar posted...
fudrick posted...

For someone who never answers any posts directly, you seem to know a lot about what god wants and doesn't want. Do you have some secret we don't know about?

What I know is very little, but what I know I share. It is not mine to hold on to. If I would see the state of the poverty of my soul I would probably die, you need a grace of God to see that, and live.
---
#88fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 3:58:20 PM
It would be really cool if every time any person ever took part in the Eucharist, some incredibly miraculous thing happened which could never be shown to be possible without the Eucharist. I'm sure that would convince a lot of people. Unfortunately I participated in that ritual every day for years (pretty much involuntarily) and the only thing it gave me was a dry mouth.
---
Best FCs:
#89fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 3:59:05 PM
What I know is very little

Apparently more than every single other individual that visits this board, though.
---
Best FCs:
#90ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 4:06:07 PM
fudrick posted...
It would be really cool if every time any person ever took part in the Eucharist, some incredibly miraculous thing happened which could never be shown to be possible without the Eucharist. I'm sure that would convince a lot of people. Unfortunately I participated in that ritual every day for years (pretty much involuntarily) and the only thing it gave me was a dry mouth.

That and I invite anyone to drink the so called blood of Christ in large quantities and get their blood alcohol level tested. We'll see if its actually blood or wine. I'm going to go out on a hunch and say its the latter.