This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just read some interesting historical article on Martin Luther - one word shock

#91LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 4:10:31 PM
fudrick posted...
It would be really cool if every time any person ever took part in the Eucharist, some incredibly miraculous thing happened which could never be shown to be possible without the Eucharist. I'm sure that would convince a lot of people. Unfortunately I participated in that ritual every day for years (pretty much involuntarily) and the only thing it gave me was a dry mouth.

There are people that actually experience the taste of the Blood of Christ when they go to Communion.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#92LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 4:13:35 PM
fudrick posted...
LastManStanding posted...
What I know is very little

Apparently more than every single other individual that visits this board, though.

I cannot say that, this would be pride. Just sharing what I am able to learn through the journey of faith. Because I learn more is expected of me from Christ.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#93fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 4:18:56 PM
There are people that actually experience the taste of the Blood of Christ when they go to Communion.

That's nice. Like I said, it would be much nicer if it happened to everyone every time. Frankly, I couldn't give less of a s*** whether other people taste the blood of christ, or the flesh of christ, or the urine of christ, or the feces of christ, or anything else when they partake in the eucharist ritual. The fact remains that I personally have never felt or tasted anything as a result of it, and am thus unconvinced.

I cannot say that, this would be pride. Just sharing what I am able to learn through the journey of faith. Because I learn more is expected of me from Christ.

You don't say, "I know more than everyone else on this board," outright, sure. But you're certainly willing and ready to dismiss anything said by christians who have clearly studied the bible a lot more than you have.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#94LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 4:20:17 PM
Regarding suffering for example, and how much graces a person receives.
Well every person is filled to the max with graces. So as much as you allowed you will be filled, even atheists.
Regarding Suffering, God knows your limit, which is great, if you would embrace it, you can be sure that the most you will suffer is the limit God has for you. Suffering makes you like Christ, for He suffered.
---
#95fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 4:22:48 PM
Regarding suffering for example, and how much graces a person receives.
Well every person is filled to the max with graces. So as much as you allowed you will be filled, even atheists.
Regarding Suffering, God knows your limit, which is great, if you would embrace it, you can be sure that the most you will suffer is the limit God has for you. Suffering makes you like Christ, for He suffered.

What in the actual f*** are you saying right now
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#96ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 4:46:58 PM
Here's a perfect example of your so called miracles. The Church of Our Lady of Velankann crucifix . The feet of a statue reported to be bleeding. Turns out it was a leaky drain.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21428714.000-miracle-buster-why-i-traced-holy-water-to-leaky-drain.html
#97ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 4:56:29 PM
From a news source:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/23/india-blasphemy-jesus-tears
#98ravenomoarPosted 1/23/2013 5:24:53 PM
Here's a letter of from another proponent of the so called faith, Mother Teresa. Sounding like an atheist:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3199062.html

"I call, I cling, I want ... and there is no One to answer ... no One on Whom I can cling ... no, No One. Alone ... Where is my Faith ... even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness ... My God ... how painful is this unknown pain ... I have no Faith ... I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart ... & make me suffer untold agony.

So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them ... because of the blasphemy ... If there be God ... please forgive me ... When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul. I am told God loves me ... and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."
#99SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 6:08:30 PM
Nothing new here. The Catholic Church has been lying by omission about the Shroud of Turin for years.
#100SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 6:10:15 PM
You don't need miracles to have faith, shaken faith can be strengthen by miracles.

That contradicts your whole blathering post about the Eucharist being necessary and me having to "answer to God" for not partaking in it just because there is no Biblical reason to take it that way.