This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hey OrangeWizard.

#1ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 8:12:36 PM
How come you're a Christian? (Another topic, just like you requested)
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#2OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 8:26:56 PM
Topics made about me: 232

Because I believe it to be true.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#3Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:28:04 PM
I realize that you believe it to be true. But why do you believe it to be true? Did you ask me to make you a topic solely so you could add it to your count? If that's your goal, note that more people have made topics about me than you. ^_^
---
chaoscoalition.net
#4OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 8:29:21 PM
But why do you believe it to be true?

Because, as far as we know, we can deduce it to be the thing that is most likely true, over all other things.

Did you ask me to make you a topic solely so you could add it to your count?

Not solely.

If that's your goal, note that more people have made topics about me than you. ^_^

What's your count?
---
#5Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:30:33 PM
So you're operating based on what is most likely, rather than what you've experienced to be true? As in, you aren't certain but merely operating based on your perception of likelihood?

I don't know the exact count. It's definitely huge, given that people on CE have made a lot of topics about me and for me for a couple years now.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#6OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 8:33:30 PM
So you're operating based on what is most likely, rather than what you've experienced to be true?

It may be that "what I've experienced to be true" and what I define as "most likely" is the same thing.

As in, you aren't certain but merely operating based on your perception of likelihood?

Correct. I can never be certain.

I don't know the exact count

Then I don't believe you.
---
#7Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:35:00 PM
Would you be willing to give examples of what you've experienced? And why can you never be certain? Surely the disciples were certain. Surely believers who experienced the Holy Spirit were certain. Surely these things are still available today should people pursue them.

And I don't care if you don't believe me. That doesn't change the fact that it's true. :P
---
chaoscoalition.net
#8OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 8:39:41 PM
Would you be willing to give examples of what you've experienced?

I haven't "experienced" anything.
If you want something like some kind of vision or sign from God, I don't have any sort of "experiences" like that.

I all I have are logical arguments and reasoning about the available body of evidence.

And why can you never be certain? Surely the disciples were certain.

"Brain in a jar."

Sure, the disciples were certain, assuming that they weren't brains in jars, or made up. Not assuming any of that, and if their perception could be trusted, then they also had the benefit of seeing Jesus and seeing his miracles, as well as the transfiguration.

I don't. I can only read about it through a book that may have been, but most likely was not, falsified.

Surely believers who experienced the Holy Spirit were certain.

I've never felt anything and said "this is the holy spirit" before.
---
#9Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:50:17 PM
That's kind of an unfortunate faith to have. If there's no hope or pursuit of a modern and living God of the Bible, what's the point? Mere likelihood isn't sufficient to sustain a life of belief. Logical arguments and reasoning are insufficient after a certain point. I dunno about you, but I'm going to continue to pursue a demonstration of God's power. Because it's consistent with what God says throughout the Bible.

Isaiah 64 and 65 come to mind.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#10OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 8:54:19 PM
If there's no hope or pursuit of a modern and living God of the Bible, what's the point?

Do you think that I don't believe in God or something?
I do.

Mere likelihood isn't sufficient to sustain a life of belief.

It's been working so far, but my life isn't over yet, so we'll see.

but I'm going to continue to pursue a demonstration of God's power. Because it's consistent with what God says throughout the Bible.

Good for you.
---