This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does creating a sentient being give you the right to mistreat it?

#81bratt100Posted 2/5/2013 5:42:44 AM
fudrick posted...
bratt100 posted...
Jesus is the literal god. The savior of mankind and the "leader" of 2.2 billion people world wide. Perhaps Alexander wasn't the best comparison but the question still stands, a man who walks on water can raise the dead, cure disease and return from the dead..you'd think somebody would write something down in the first 70 years after he died...instead we have second and third hand accounts about a man who most likely never performed any actual miracles.

So do you think that many of the people who would have witnessed these miracles, if they did take place, would have the ability to write about them?

One in ten is probably the best it could be but out of hundreds or thousands of witness's it seems likely that somebody would have. Instead we have a 70 year delay and by this point the truth has turned into a giant game of telephone becoming more and more insane as time went on.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#82OrangeWizardPosted 2/5/2013 8:40:58 AM
The secular writings about jesus where around 50-70 years after his death and given the average lifespan at the time it's not likely that any living person had even met the man.

That's not valid proof that nobody wrote about Jesus while he was alive.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#83OrangeWizardPosted 2/5/2013 8:59:30 AM
I'm surprised I missed this topic.
I've been coming to terms with the outright terror and near daily (no scratch that, DAILY) assault I suffered as a chld and now the PTSD I have because of it.
The topic i made could be of interest if you want to examine my view of how the loving god vs. the suffering is nothing but an unsolved paradox from the human point of view.

I guess nobody was being "MATURE" enough in that topic.
---
#84hunter_gohanPosted 2/5/2013 2:54:42 PM(edited)
bratt100 posted...
The modern day is a great example of this, where you simply won't get only one account but dozens if not hundreds.

And it doesn't even have to be something that actually happened either! Type "Elvis is" into google "Elvis is alive" is the third auto complete option down.

He brought the dead back to life, turned water into wine and cured leprosy supposedly with many witnesses and yet none wrote of the man while he was alive...

Bring the dead back to life, cure disease. The priors could do this nevermind the Ori. (Not really directed at you, just expanding on what I said before)

One in ten is probably the best it could be but out of hundreds or thousands of witness's it seems likely that somebody would have. Instead we have a 70 year delay and by this point the truth has turned into a giant game of telephone becoming more and more insane as time went on.

This game of telephone can actually be seen right there in the Bible using his supposed last words.

Most scholars believe the Gospels were written in this order: Mark, Matthew, Luke, then John.

Here are Jesus' last words using that order:

Mark: "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

Matthew: "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

Luke: "Father, into Thy hands I commit My spirit."

John: "It is finished!"

You can practically see the game of telephone being played.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#85ThuggernautzPosted 2/5/2013 2:53:40 PM(edited)
Let's not forget the earthquakes and earth splitting and holy zombies wandering in the Holy City during these accounts... You'd think some of the other disciples might have noticed that; or that in God's divine inspiration during the writing he might have corrected the seriously-bad-LSD-trip-like description of the event.

hunter raised the same issues as I have with the tautological, unfounded definitions of God and how empty they are.
#86fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 4:27:26 PM
Thuggernautz posted...
Let's not forget the earthquakes and earth splitting and holy zombies wandering in the Holy City during these accounts... You'd think some of the other disciples might have noticed that; or that in God's divine inspiration during the writing he might have corrected the seriously-bad-LSD-trip-like description of the event.

I wish LSD's effects were actually that strong... lol
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#87bratt100Posted 2/5/2013 7:26:03 PM
fudrick posted...
Thuggernautz posted...

I wish LSD's effects were actually that strong... lol

As do I. I suppose I'll have to settle on the curtains dancing around and stars realigning.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#88Julian_CaesarPosted 2/6/2013 10:30:09 PM
hunter, I can't keep this debate going. Sorry for wasting your time. I just don't see either of us learning anything useful from each other right now.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#89JonWood007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:07:23 PM
Well some say John of Patmos was delirious when he wrote Revelation....
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#90OrangeWizardPosted 2/6/2013 11:17:00 PM
Some say a lot of things
---