The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you Christians here think children should read the bible?

#1synister666Posted 1/17/2013 4:59:34 PM
If so what do you tell them when they read verses like this?

Ezekiel 23:20 (NIV) "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#2WelshGamer82Posted 1/17/2013 5:11:54 PM
a) Yes

b) I'll just use that verse and Song of Solomon instead of "The Talk" *dusts off hands*.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><
#3Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/17/2013 5:16:33 PM
1.)JOKE topic. dont respond people, its troll bait
2.)Troll poster (look at name, i rest my case)
3.)Bible verse is condemning sexual immorality read the rest of the story.

nothing to see here folks. Another atheist who has no idea what the heck hes talkin about. This makes about 18 of em.
#4SuibomPosted 1/17/2013 5:18:05 PM
What Welsh said
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#5Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/17/2013 5:18:48 PM
But just in case you think i dont have an answer:

1.)Would i tell my kids what is good for their body? (fruits and vegetables)
2.)Would i tell my kids what is good for their mind? (productive tv shows, puzzles, etc.)
3.)THen why wouldnt i tell my kids what is good for their spirit? (gods word- the bible)

Answer your own question.
#6SystemafunkPosted 1/17/2013 8:45:18 PM
as trollish as this is, obviously more Christians should read the Bible. Many don't at all, and their status as Christians is only not in question because we are supposed to not judge, and can't judge their heart. But speaking on average, most people that call themselves Christians are probably not really Christians. The Bible even says, not everyone that calls Jesus Lord will be saved. It does you no good to appear as something if you aren't really on the inside.
#7fudrickPosted 1/17/2013 11:56:10 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Another atheist who has no idea what the heck hes talkin about. This makes about 18 of em.

Well that makes us look really good. Out of the millions of atheists in the world, all but 18 know what they're talking about? We must be the most knowledgeable "group" in the world!
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#8SirThinkALotPosted 1/18/2013 12:16:56 AM
I dont think its necessary for young children to read the entirety of the Bible...
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#9SystemafunkPosted 1/18/2013 12:59:37 AM
I guess I didn't really isolate my answer to just children.

I think that children should read at least some of the Bible. I even did growing up in an atheist family.

As a prospective parent, I will read some of the Bible to my children. I will encourage them to memorize some passages, and I will discuss some verses with them. I will probably start with verses that are easy to interpret and easy to understand why they are "good". In addition, I think good verses for children to be familiar with are ones that stress the importance of being respectful and having self control. I will also discuss overall themes in the Bible with them.
#10Magyar15Posted 1/18/2013 1:07:10 AM
I remember reading that verse as a little kid. Didn't mess me up at all
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust