This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you Christians here think children should read the bible?

#261kozlo100Posted 2/1/2013 2:36:00 PM
Far421 posted...
So you tell me about it.

The whole point is I shouldn't have to. You haven't the authority to insert yourself into the relationship between me and my kid.

I've been trying to show you what happens when people you disagree with exert authority you haven't given them. You just don't seem to mind that happening as long as it's people using your preferred methodology and your preferred body of evidence. A.k.a, people who agree with you.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#262Far421Posted 2/1/2013 2:36:58 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
It just really strikes me as bizarre, the way you seem to view things as "top down", rather than "ground up".

As if the state and logic came first and gave rise to biological creatures to mold, rather than a bunch of animals that existed before, and will exist after the state.

It is our biological ability to reason that allowed us to realize that we have desires and the best way to protect them is to team up. It isn't top down at all.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4341 2165 1292
#263kozlo100Posted 2/1/2013 2:38:49 PM
Kong does ask a good question.

You have a magic button that would compel everyone to raise their child as you would raise your own. Do you push that button?

It makes me give my kid the medicine, and solves all other such situations to your satisfaction.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#264Far421Posted 2/1/2013 2:42:11 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Far421 posted...
So you tell me about it.

The whole point is I shouldn't have to. You haven't the authority to insert yourself into the relationship between me and my kid.

I've been trying to show you what happens when people you disagree with exert authority you haven't given them. You just don't seem to mind that happening as long as it's people using your preferred methodology and your preferred body of evidence. A.k.a, people who agree with you.

Yes you should have to. If that's what it takes to fulfill your duty to protect your child, you should do it.

My preferred methodology is based in reason. If people are going to use another methodology arguing about it won't do much good, so in my arguments I'm going to assume it. You are just repeating yourself now. I have explained my position pretty thoroughly and you just keep saying this, even though you agreed to accept reason.
---
#265Hustle KongPosted 2/1/2013 2:43:22 PM
kozlo100 posted...

You have a magic button that would compel everyone to raise their child as you would raise your own. Do you push that button?

It makes me give my kid the medicine, and solves all other such situations to your satisfaction.

He is a creature of pure reason. So obviously the conclusions he comes to are optimal, and resistance is futile.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#266Far421Posted 2/1/2013 2:44:16 PM
kozlo100 posted...

No. Not everything I would do in raising my child is the only option that doesn't violate his rights.
---
#267Far421Posted 2/1/2013 2:45:00 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
kozlo100 posted...

He is a creature of pure reason. So obviously the conclusions he comes to are optimal, and resistance is futile.

My logic is undeniable. =p
---
#268kozlo100Posted 2/1/2013 2:47:28 PM
Far421 posted...
I have explained my position pretty thoroughly and you just keep saying this, even though you agreed to accept reason.

Perhaps you and I reason to different conclusions because we have slightly different perspectives, eh?

So, about that button mentioned above. Do you press it?
---
#269kozlo100Posted 2/1/2013 2:49:04 PM
Ah, answered while I was posting. So how 'bout the button just keeps people from violating rights as you see them?
---
#270Far421Posted 2/1/2013 2:52:12 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Ah, answered while I was posting. So how 'bout the button just keeps people from violating rights as you see them?

Rights are based in logic, therefore not dependent upon my perspective. However, I am against mind control, so no anyway.
---