This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"You can't criticize God" Continued

#351ThuggernautzPosted 1/28/2013 11:48:10 AM
OrangeWizard posted...

You are the second Christian on this board to promote the sentiment that social moral standards don't matter.

Nor will I be the last.

Which I find disturbing and worrying.

OrangeWizard posted...

And why not?

Because I won't let it. Also, because the Ghost that never lies says it's a false definition.

OrangeWizard posted...

Yes it does. There's a huge difference between one's opinion, and a demonstrable fact.

If you can find a demonstrable fact that contradicts with God's morality, then you have a case to make. If you can't, then you don't even have an argument.

The Ghost that Never Lies says biblical morality is abhorrent. You don't have enough knowledge to know the Ghost that Never Lies' big picture, so your opinion doesn't matter.
#352DrAlbertBanduraPosted 1/28/2013 11:51:15 AM
And I don't care about what anyone can or can't "justify". I care about what anyone can or cannot prove. Demonstrate. Show to be an objective fact.

And in the context of morality or "better decisions", this isn't going to happen.

They're closer to doing that than you. What are you wanting me to do? Believe both sides are equivalent? That's, using your word, demonstrably wrong.
---
Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns. I'll drive."
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9504/bandura.jpg
#353OrangeWizardPosted 1/28/2013 5:48:12 PM

They're closer to doing that than you.

We're not playing Horseshoes. Being "close" awards you no points.

What are you wanting me to do?

Accept that attempting to prove me wrong is futile.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#354OrangeWizardPosted 1/28/2013 5:49:20 PM
It HAS been demonstrated. It IS an objective truth.

No it hasn't. How does it feel to be a liar? Do you feel dead inside?
---
#355PhoroPosted 1/28/2013 6:38:45 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
That's your opinion. And no one cares what you think. We care about what you can justify.

And I don't care about what anyone can or can't "justify". I care about what anyone can or cannot prove. Demonstrate. Show to be an objective fact.

And in the context of morality or "better decisions", this isn't going to happen.

That's sooo funny. Cause, you know, the atheists around here have been asking you to demonstrate your God as an objective fact for some time now. Why are we held to a higher standard than you?
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#356OrangeWizardPosted 1/28/2013 7:09:44 PM
Nobody is being held to a "higher standard".
---
#357DrAlbertBanduraPosted 1/28/2013 7:46:00 PM
We're not playing Horseshoes. Being "close" awards you no points.

So you must be an agnostic atheist, right?
---
Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns. I'll drive."
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9504/bandura.jpg
#358PhoroPosted 1/28/2013 8:20:02 PM(edited)
OrangeWizard posted...
Nobody is being held to a "higher standard".

Then why are you asking for demonstratable proof of a contradiction about a God you haven't demonstratably proven to exist in the first place?
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#359OrangeWizardPosted 1/28/2013 9:39:16 PM
Then why are you asking for demonstratable proof of a contradiction about a God you haven't demonstratably proven to exist in the first place?

If someone is attempting to criticize God, they already assume, for the sake of argument, that he exists.
So if that someone is already assuming that he exists, why should we go backwards and talk about his existence?
---
#360LunarAmbiencePosted 1/28/2013 11:05:54 PM
No it hasn't.

Yes, it has.

How does it feel to be a liar? Do you feel dead inside?

I don't know, OW. Given that you have plenty of experience on the matter, maybe you could enlighten us. I'm particularly interested in the rampant self-deception you engage in.
---
The above is both true and false.