This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"You can't criticize God" Continued

#371ThuggernautzPosted 1/29/2013 8:44:13 AM
OrangeWizard posted...

Why does nobody ever listen to me when I say that your opinions don't matter?

Your objections don't matter. Point is, criticism is appropriate and possible.
#372DrAlbertBanduraPosted 1/29/2013 9:37:29 AM
Then please direct me to the post number

Any of the numbered posts with the name "LunarAmbience" would suffice.

I'm not here for circles. Change your act or fold up the tent.

I'd like to see him address 328, 336, and 357, the latter being my own post which he appears to have been blinded to. By the way you're handling him, I'm guessing he "misses" a lot of responses. Can't lose if you can't see the response, right?
---
Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns. I'll drive."
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9504/bandura.jpg
#373DrAlbertBanduraPosted 1/29/2013 9:41:26 AM
Why does nobody ever listen to me when I say that your opinions don't matter?

You know that's something like the third time I've read you use the opinion card on statements which are not opinions? Or is it my opinion that these aren't opinions? Kid, how old are you?
---
Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns. I'll drive."
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9504/bandura.jpg
#374PhoroPosted 1/29/2013 12:03:37 PM
Phoro posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

And I don't care about what anyone can or can't "justify". I care about what anyone can or cannot prove. Demonstrate. Show to be an objective fact.

So you're either a liar or you need to retract this statement.
And again, I ask, why are those who question your God held to a higher standard than those who affirm him? Why would a proposed contradiction about God need demonstratable proof if the original proposition of his existence doesn't?
The game is rigged. You know it. We know it. A god can both exist *and* not fit the definition given by your Bible. You just don't care for the implications that arise from that idea.
*Stuart Smalley*
"And that's...okay."
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#375PhoroPosted 1/29/2013 12:06:02 PM
By the way, I've only just started to post in this thread, but I've read through the entire thing...
Lunar, Thugger, Jon... you guys are saints.
Pun intended.

:-)
---
#376hunter_gohanPosted 1/29/2013 6:04:34 PM
fudrick posted...
It means that the "real you" is not the "you" described in the autobiography.

Yet I'm still hunter_gohan which is the exact name printed as the author of said autobiography.

To me, positing that the god of the bible does not or could not exist due to contradictions is entirely different than criticizing the god of the bible's purported characteristics or actions based on the bible's testimony.

I don't see how. This is like saying Stalin can't exist unless he really was The Gardener of Human Happiness. People can lie about their attributes.

In that case, the existent god would not be the one described by the bible.

He would still be YHWH though. Just like Stalin is still Stalin even if we don't assume Gardener of Human Happiness as an attribute of his.

DrAlbertBandura posted...
By the way you're handling him, I'm guessing he "misses" a lot of responses. Can't lose if you can't see the response, right?

I caught him once where he didn't even finish reading a sentence before using it. So yeah he "misses" a lot.

I really don't know why this thread is still going on. The ghost that never lies has spoken people!
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#377LunarAmbiencePosted 1/29/2013 11:22:11 PM
So we've pretty well concluded God may be criticized if it's the Judeochristian god.
---
The above is both true and false.
#378PhoroPosted 1/30/2013 10:05:03 AM
LunarAmbience posted...
So we've pretty well concluded God may be criticized if it's the Judeochristian god.

Yeah I think we can all agree on that.
:-P
---
#379OrangeWizardPosted 1/30/2013 10:19:08 AM
Of course you illogical, non-critical-thinkers would conclude that.

Yet I'm still hunter_gohan which is the exact name printed as the author of said autobiography.

So? I could share a name with J.K Rowling, but that doesn't mean I wrote the harry potter books.

o you're either a liar or you need to retract this statement.
And again, I ask, why are those who question your God held to a higher standard than those who affirm him? Why would a proposed contradiction about God need demonstratable proof if the original proposition of his existence doesn't?

*sigh*

You're taking a single statement and mistakenly trying to apply it to my entire worldview. It doesn't work that way.
My statement was only concerning the context of this debate.

You know that's something like the third time I've read you use the opinion card on statements which are not opinions? Or is it my opinion that these aren't opinions?

Can you prove it? Then it's a fact. If not, then it's an opinion. So you answer me, is it your opinion that these aren't opinions? If not, then prove it.

A god can both exist *and* not fit the definition given by your Bible.

Duh. I have no problems with this. However, I have no cock in that fight. I don't care to discuss Allah, Xeno, Zeus or Shiva. If you want to, you can go right ahead and do that, but I'm only concerned about the God of the bible.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#380OrangeWizardPosted 1/30/2013 10:28:42 AM
I'd like to see him address 328, 336, and 357

Okay.

Wait, 328 isn't even directed at me. That was to Fudrick, so why should I address a post that was never addressed to me?
So is 336. What the heck, man?

If you think it's fair to ask me to reply to all these posts that didn't concern me, why don't you reply to all of my posts between 1-345?
Yeah, that's what I thought.

So you must be an agnostic atheist, right?

No.

As I said to phoro, you're taking a statement and trying to apply it to my entire worldview, when the statement is only meant to reside in the context of this debate.

When I said "You need proof, being "close" doesn't matter", I mean it in the context of this debate, since that is what you guys need if you are ever to escape from this logical bear trap. You need proof. If you don't have it, you can't criticize the god of the bible.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face