This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"You can't criticize God" Continued

#431Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:35:34 PM(edited)
GBALoser posted...
What I'd like to know is why everyone is wasting 900+ posts on a self-proclaimed troll, but hey, religion doesn't make sense.

Because he's right and they can't stand it.

Besides, it's always great to watch a couple lieutenant Dan's* rage in vain against a storm of truth and reason.

*Because they don't have a leg to stand on.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#432GBALoserPosted 1/31/2013 4:37:29 PM
Suibom posted...
GBALoser posted...
What I'd like to know is why everyone is wasting 900+ posts on a self-proclaimed troll, but hey, religion doesn't make sense.

Besides, it's always great to watch a couple lieutenant Dan's* rage in vain against a storm of truth and reason.

Thank you, now you've guaranteed a third 500 topic of senseless blathering...

And I though you were all about peace and mercy :P
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#433Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:38:20 PM
I am.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
#434GBALoserPosted 1/31/2013 4:41:40 PM
At this point I've lost track as to what point anyone is making anymore, so can you use your magic to stop this waste of the board's time?

Please?

I'll worship you as my lord and savior for the day.

NO, wait, that's blasphemous to you. Umm.... cookie?
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#435Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:13:31 PM
Well... I do like GBA stuff. Whachu got?
---
#436GBALoserPosted 1/31/2013 5:17:35 PM
Unfortunately, I've donated all my stuff to my youngest brother (currently 12).

I did have Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon Sapphire among the highlights.
---
#437Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:47:42 PM
Ooooh...

Well, all I can do then is get you back on track with this topic.

Christians believe in the God of the Bible, as He is described by it. That He is the creator, sustainer, and owner of all things. That He is all-knowing and all-powerful. That He is loving and just. That His ways and thoughts (His actions and ideas) are higher than (above, greater, superior to) those of humans. Thus He, as described by the Bible, is above legitimate criticism.
---
#438GBALoserPosted 1/31/2013 6:00:25 PM
Suibom posted...
Ooooh...

Well, all I can do then is get you back on track with this topic.

Christians believe in the God of the Bible, as He is described by it. That He is the creator, sustainer, and owner of all things. That He is all-knowing and all-powerful. That He is loving and just. That His ways and thoughts (His actions and ideas) are higher than (above, greater, superior to) those of humans. Thus He, as described by the Bible, is above legitimate criticism.

And then the standard counter-points:

1) "We believe the Bible is unacceptable as evidence due to X, therefore we can criticize what God does." OR

2) "But if the Bible says X about God and it makes him look evil, why SHOULDN'T we criticize him?"

Yeah, there are reason why I refrain from such base debates here.
---
#439Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:05:08 PM
And to think that an envelope, a postage stamp, and Fire Emblem and Pokemon Sapphire could have ended this madness...

I already have Golden Sun. XD
---
#440JonWood007Posted 1/31/2013 6:19:00 PM
Suibom posted...
GBALoser posted...

No he's not, he's delusional and as a result thinks he's right, but he isn't right. His assumptions aren;t founded on everything, yet he goes around arrogantly touting them as fact and automatically dismisses everyone's arguments who doesn't agree with him. Since his view is "perfect" by some arbitrary definition, everyone else's is wrong,

Well you know what? I'm gonna say it. I'm perfect. It says so right here in this post. If you're gonna debate with me, you need to take all my points into consideration, including my statement that I'm perfect. Everyone else is automatically wrong because they're not me. Got a problem with that? Well tough luck, your opinion doesn't matter. because I'm perfect and I decide what's relevant.

...that's basically what OW's argument boils down to.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768