This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christ would NOT allow His Church to go through 1500 years of heresy.

#1LastManStandingPosted 1/18/2013 7:41:54 PM
If Catholic Church was a heresy it would not survive 1500 years.
Therefore no one can say that Catholic Church is a heresy. It is build by Christ, Son of God on Saint Peter. Christ says my church, not my churches:

Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

The Church survived almost 2000 years, and it will be there till the end. It is NOT a heresy.
During every mass you can consume the Body of Christ, and drink His Blood. He gave Himself up, out of love as a bread that came from heaven. Christ is very direct and clear:

John 6:53-54
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

God Bless
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2DagorhaPosted 1/18/2013 7:43:06 PM
It's cute that you think he meant the Catholic church and not say... the Orthodox Church
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/18/2013 7:44:53 PM
And here I thought you might have left this board...
#4LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:50:44 PM(edited)
Orthodox reject Immaculate conception.
They also reject the pope, and do not believe in cleansing in purgatory.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#5WelshGamer82Posted 1/18/2013 8:40:24 PM
From: LastManStanding | Posted: 1/19/2013 2:50:44 AM | #004

Fair play. Chaos Scade gets on my nerves sometimes, but at least the Orthodox boys are doing something right.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><
#6Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/18/2013 9:01:49 PM
1.)The Lord clearly speaks against christians fighting over how they practice and how they got saved.
2.)The Lord never said in anyway to pray to saints or to mary. Mary is subordinate to jesus just liek the rest of us. My catholic grandfather prays to mary above anything else. He tells me all the time to pray to mary. Mary does not save us. We are not saved by anyone except Jesus. Only, only, only Jesus can save us from hell and bring us into heaven. Most catholics do not understand us.
3.)The catholic church as a whole has changed many times. Originally they were not excited about attacking other christian believers, that changed over the years many different times. The papacy endorsed the attack on more european regions and peoples more than any other group or empire of men. There are bad and good catholics just like bad and good protestants. I am neither- im non denominational.
4.)The current pope (benedict) does not believe jesus is the messiah described in the old testament. He said so in one of his (20+) books. Look it up.
#7JonWood007Posted 1/18/2013 10:05:42 PM(edited)
That's cute. LMS opened his topic by begging the question.

Fair play. Chaos Scade gets on my nerves sometimes, but at least the Orthodox boys are doing something right.

Really? While I don't agree with him, he's probably one of the most intelligent Christians on this board.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#8LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:20:41 PM(edited)
Polish_Crusader posted...
1.)The Lord clearly speaks against christians fighting over how they practice and how they got saved.
2.)The Lord never said in anyway to pray to saints or to mary. Mary is subordinate to jesus just liek the rest of us. My catholic grandfather prays to mary above anything else. He tells me all the time to pray to mary. Mary does not save us. We are not saved by anyone except Jesus. Only, only, only Jesus can save us from hell and bring us into heaven. Most catholics do not understand us.
3.)The catholic church as a whole has changed many times. Originally they were not excited about attacking other christian believers, that changed over the years many different times. The papacy endorsed the attack on more european regions and peoples more than any other group or empire of men. There are bad and good catholics just like bad and good protestants. I am neither- im non denominational.
4.)The current pope (benedict) does not believe jesus is the messiah described in the old testament. He said so in one of his (20+) books. Look it up.

I love you like a brother and I respect you

1. Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, . . . so that the world may know that you have sent me." (John 17:21)
One shepherd, one flock
2. Luke 1:41-43
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,

cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Lord in Bible means God.
Luke 1:46-48
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

Mary is really misunderstood outside the Church and disrespected

3. I cannot call anyone good or bad. Church is based on the same truths since the beginning and it is faithful to the World of God. It is called the Body of Christ, with Christ being it's Head.

4. That is so false. Catholic Church is attacked so much by media, anywhere, all the time. Make sure stuff you read has
"Imprimi Potest,"
"Nihil Obstat,"
and "Imprimatur"
---
#9OzymandiasIVPosted 1/18/2013 11:02:00 PM
JonWood007 posted...
That's cute. LMS opened his topic by begging the question.

Really? While I don't agree with him, he's probably one of the most intelligent Christians on this board.

It's his attitude, not his intellect. I've been visiting this board since about this account was created, when I was still a Christian and during my deconversion. He has always been unbearable, to me at least.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#10inferiorweaselPosted 1/19/2013 2:09:32 AM
LastManStanding posted...
They also reject the pope, and do not believe in cleansing in purgatory.

Pick Pocket Purgatory is one of the greatest crimes of the Catholic Church.

And you are foolish to think you wouldn't suffer at all? We suffer BECAUSE of Jesus. It must be that way.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)