The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you believe all religions should recieve equal treatment?

#1Vexu192Posted 1/20/2013 3:16:51 PM
Should people who worship Thor and Odin receive as much attention and funding as Christians and/or Muslims

Should Satanist be allowed to pray in schools just the same as Christians wanting to pray in schools?
#2Hustle KongPosted 1/20/2013 3:19:04 PM(edited)
Satanists ARE allowed to pray in schools in the US. What country do you live in?
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#3lastheroPosted 1/20/2013 3:25:22 PM
Unless their practices come into direct conflict with some established law - like, say, human sacrifice or something like that - I don't see why not.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#4JonWood007Posted 1/20/2013 3:26:03 PM
I don't believe any religion should get any funding if you mean from the state.

I believe everyone has equal rights though. You're free to believe what you want, no matter how silly it may be. However, if you believe something foolish, expect it to be criticized. Criticism =/= tyranny. I believe in evaluating ideas on their merits.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#5Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 3:34:44 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Satanists ARE allowed to pray in schools in the US. What country do you live in?

What I mean is if a christian were to pray in front of the student body before a football game, do you believe a satanist should have the same right to pray as well?
#6SuibomPosted 1/20/2013 3:36:54 PM
Doesn't Satanism kind of... not need prayer?

Isn't that the point of Satanism?
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#7Hustle KongPosted 1/20/2013 3:41:37 PM
Vexu192 posted...
Hustle Kong posted...

What I mean is if a christian were to pray in front of the student body before a football game, do you believe a satanist should have the same right to pray as well?

I think you are confusing "right" with "social acceptability". Until and unless there is a significant portion of Satanists in that particular community, it is unlikely that they would be asked to.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#8KNessJMPosted 1/20/2013 4:32:04 PM
Should people who worship Thor and Odin receive as much attention and funding as Christians and/or Muslims

I'm not sure what you mean by "attention and funding". I don't think any sort of government institution should be involved with promoting any religion, nor do I think any individual should be compelled to pay money to any religion. As for attention, that's up to any given person. I don't think people should be forced to pay attention to any religion.

I believe that everyone should have the right to privately practice whatever religion they desire.
---
Quote of the Week: "Awaken. Seek truth. Stumble. Begin again."
#9Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/20/2013 5:38:49 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: It depends on the culture of the particular region of each country, and the history too. It depends what the people vote on. Theres a lot of variables. Comparing Satanism to christianity is like apples and nuclear physics. No one in their right mind who knows what satanism churchs actually practice (animal sacrifice, blood drawing, former satanist told me all about it, etc.) would vote for satanist prayers to be allowed anywhere.
#10lastheroPosted 1/20/2013 6:23:41 PM
No one in their right mind who knows what satanism churchs actually practice

As if you actually know, for a fact, what goes on in a Satanist church. Like it's a thing you've ever seen.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]