This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you believe all religions should recieve equal treatment?

#11QwelzaarKanePosted 1/20/2013 6:45:53 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
No one in their right mind who knows what satanism churchs actually practice (animal sacrifice, blood drawing, former satanist told me all about it, etc.) would vote for satanist prayers to be allowed anywhere.

And all catholic priests are child molesters and advocate the bombing of abortion clinics.
---
PSN: QwelzaarKane
Tekken Tag 2, Ass Creed III, XCOM
#12mrplainswalkerPosted 1/20/2013 8:06:07 PM
No one in their right mind who knows what satanism churchs actually practice (animal sacrifice, blood drawing, former satanist told me all about it, etc.)

That is such BS and an outright lie that it retroactively colors everything you've ever said. All it takes is a visit to their official website, or listening to interviews from their "high priests" to debunk all that. Blood drawing? Seriously?
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#13Julian_CaesarPosted 1/20/2013 10:36:21 PM
All it takes is a visit to their official website, or listening to interviews from their "high priests" to debunk all that

I would like to point out that "official website" information and interviews with high priests is exactly the sort of sourcing that I would try to avoid, if looking for an answer to the question of "what Satanists do."

Not saying they actually do any of that crazy stuff. Just saying that you can't really appeal to their "official sources" as being reliable contradictors of that accusation. As an example, I don't think a single "official source" from Catholicism would have told you that their priests were molesting boys.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#14SSj4WingzeroPosted 1/21/2013 2:21:08 AM
People should be legally allowed to publicly practice whatever religion they want.
---
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?
#15froghunter75Posted 1/21/2013 2:52:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16QwelzaarKanePosted 1/21/2013 3:05:35 AM
Julian_Caesar posted...
Not saying they actually do any of that crazy stuff. Just saying that you can't really appeal to their "official sources" as being reliable contradictors of that accusation. As an example, I don't think a single "official source" from Catholicism would have told you that their priests were molesting boys.

Okay, now let's take what you said about Satanism and apply it to Catholicism:

No one in their right mind who knows what catholic churches actually practice (child molestation, bombing of abortion clinics, just turn on the news once in a while, etc.) would vote for christian prayers to be allowed anywhere.

It's just as stupid. You're taking a few isolated instances and using them to form an opinion on an entire religion.
---
#17Hustle KongPosted 1/21/2013 5:05:21 AM
And you're confusing Julian and Polish.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#18SystemafunkPosted 1/21/2013 5:30:38 AM
For the record, there are (in a sense) two types of Satanism. One that is more of a philosophy, that idolizes what they believe Satan stands for, and builds a life principles loose organization around it (LaVeyan Satanism), and one that actually tries to "worship" the Biblical Satan.
#19QwelzaarKanePosted 1/21/2013 6:41:33 AM
Hustle Kong posted...

Yeah, don't know how I managed to mess that one up. My point still stands, though.
---
#20Julian_CaesarPosted 1/21/2013 7:05:23 PM
Okay, now let's take what you said about Satanism and apply it to Catholicism:

No one in their right mind who knows what catholic churches actually practice (child molestation, bombing of abortion clinics, just turn on the news once in a while, etc.) would vote for christian prayers to be allowed anywhere.

It's just as stupid. You're taking a few isolated instances and using them to form an opinion on an entire religion.

O_o

Hustle Kong posted...

Yeah, don't know how I managed to mess that one up. My point still stands, though.

Maybe it does, but it's a completely separate issue from the one I brought up. The reliability of "official sources" is very different from whether that religion should be allowed a public forum.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.