This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you believe all religions should recieve equal treatment?

#21mrplainswalkerPosted 1/21/2013 7:38:32 PM
Not saying they actually do any of that crazy stuff. Just saying that you can't really appeal to their "official sources" as being reliable contradictors of that accusation. As an example, I don't think a single "official source" from Catholicism would have told you that their priests were molesting boys.

Yeah, well the big difference between Satanism and Catholicism is that there aren't stories about Satanists sacrificing animals in the news.

And on the subject of Catholic rapist priests and their Vatican sanctioned activity...

I find it incredibly amusing and sickening at the same time (if that's possible) that when trying to get rid of rapist priests, there's too much red tape it's just too time consuming. But as soon as a priest tries to get women into the priesthood, thwomp!!! Out like a motha*****!!!

The Vatican would rather have child rapists than women leading their churches. And the average Catholic gives precisely half a loaf about it.

Now turn this back on the church of satan. Ok, so maybe they wouldn't "condemn" somebody who drew blood. They would just laugh at them and call them a loser.
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#22Julian_CaesarPosted 1/22/2013 7:56:30 PM
Yeah, well the big difference between Satanism and Catholicism is that there aren't stories about Satanists sacrificing animals in the news.

I don't think you understand the point I'm making. If you did, you'd realize that your example is actually evidence in favor of Satanist "official sources" being less reliable, since they don't face nearly the same level of media scrutiny as the recently-outed Catholic Church.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#23IvashankoPosted 1/22/2013 8:09:45 PM
I find it incredibly amusing and sickening at the same time (if that's possible) that when trying to get rid of rapist priests, there's too much red tape it's just too time consuming.

Some of your unions aren't too dissimilar though, particular those in the public sector (we hear cases of teachers quite often, though I believe at least a portion of them are propaganda). Most governments in the world, now that I think about it are like that, actually...

I am not Catholic, and I was upset (though not surprised) at how difficult the Church found it was to reform itself, but to say it is 'different' is ignoring the reality of 'big government' and all that term entails.
#24Joe605Posted 1/30/2013 1:06:53 PM
Yes, all religions should be ridiculed and mocked equally.
---
Bowling IS a sport.
The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe in it.
#25Hustle KongPosted 1/30/2013 2:35:49 PM
You posted in a week-old thread just to give us that "gem"?
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#26Sir WillPosted 1/31/2013 6:52:41 AM
Yes, none.

And privately, sure. Publically encouraged by the school, like at an assembly? See point 1. None.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#27Joe605Posted 1/31/2013 8:28:44 AM
Hustle Kong posted...
You posted in a week-old thread just to give us that "gem"?

Had a lot of free time yesterday
---
Bowling IS a sport.
The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe in it.