This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Religion wont survive the internet

#41bratt100Posted 1/26/2013 8:32:50 PM
Ivashanko posted...

Ideology does that. Creationalism may be bad and all, but your idiot Western environmentalism has killed many people (probably, when all is said and done, tens of millions) with their fight against Golden Rice and other potentially life-saving instruments. I could list almost every political or ideological belief as holding inane, life-depriving beliefs. That is simply how it is.

Human life isn't the only priority, maintaining the natural world is much more important and introducing a GMO that hasn't been properly tested into the ecosystem could be devastating to the natural world. The short term gain (saving 30 000 lives) might lead to a long term collapse of the eco system or the extinction of the various species that rely on the non GMO product.

All I'm saying is that we need to test the product before we go about introducing it to the wild...crazy concept right?
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#42inferiorweaselPosted 1/26/2013 10:30:02 PM
If anything the opposite is true. It's spreading the message of God to millions of people, without the traditional doctrines created by man kind. The internet has created a modern reformation of sorts on information and availability.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#43Sir WillPosted 1/26/2013 10:35:56 PM
inferiorweasel posted...
If anything the opposite is true. It's spreading the message of God to millions of people, without the traditional doctrines created by man kind. The internet has created a modern reformation of sorts on information and availability.

Is that why levels of atheism and non religious people are increasing?

"A 2010 survey found that those identifying themselves as atheists or agnostics are on average more knowledgeable about religion than followers of major faiths. Nonbelievers scored better on questions about tenets central to Protestant and Catholic faiths. Only Mormon and Jewish faithful scored as well as atheists and agnostics."

Knowledge is your enemy.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#44inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 7:19:56 PM
Sir Will posted...
inferiorweasel posted...

Is that why levels of atheism and non religious people are increasing?

"A 2010 survey found that those identifying themselves as atheists or agnostics are on average more knowledgeable about religion than followers of major faiths. Nonbelievers scored better on questions about tenets central to Protestant and Catholic faiths. Only Mormon and Jewish faithful scored as well as atheists and agnostics."

Knowledge is your enemy.

Athiests make up less than 14% of the worlds population. But your choice to be an Atheist, Christian, Muslim, or Hebrew has no impact on my day to day life.

I'm a Christian by choice who grew up with an agnostic snd atheist parents. My brother is an atheist. I didn't grow up in a silly dogmatic church. The internet just is. The information is just there. If you understood the data you would also see that Islam is the fastest growing denomination atm. Far more so than those who believe in nothing.
---
#45inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 7:23:17 PM
fudrick posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
But i know jesus and his followers have only grown because of the internet.

If you mean to say that the number of christians has increased due to the internet, I'm not sure you could demonstrate that to be true.

But then you couldn't prove it to be false either.
---
#46fudrickPosted 1/27/2013 7:33:15 PM(edited)
inferiorweasel posted...
But then you couldn't prove it to be false either.

herp derp

I generally avoid condescending posts devoid of content like this, but that's the most appropriate rebuttal I could imagine. Thanks for making it so exceedingly clear that you're not to be taken seriously, though.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#47hunter_gohanPosted 1/27/2013 8:44:33 PM
Anthropologist Jennifer James, on the other hand, has called fundamentalism the “death rattle” of the Abrahamic traditions.

We can only hope.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#48LastManStandingPosted 1/27/2013 8:52:53 PM
Last time I've checked electrical power was needed. Last time I checked we had masses in the black out. Good night, drive safe.
Catholicism will be there till the end...
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#49fudrickPosted 1/27/2013 8:58:26 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Last time I've checked electrical power was needed. Last time I checked we had masses in the black out. Good night, drive safe.

Good candidate for LMS' worst post
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#50Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/27/2013 9:00:34 PM
fudrick posted...
LastManStanding posted...

Good candidate for LMS' worst post

But what about all of his other posts?