This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My personal view of this board

#61cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 1:31:56 PM
When framed correctly, this board actually comes out smelling rosier, I think. I know in my life that discussions about politics or religion quickly devolve into pointless bickering. While it is by no means perfect around here (and I have contributed to that on occasion, admittedly), there is generally better discussion to be had here than in "real life." Which is kind of impressive given how deeply personal religion is for many people.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
Locke: "It's never been easy!"
#62Hustle KongPosted 1/24/2013 4:27:03 PM
Pretty much what CK said.

I come here to learn about religion and how other people approach it. I'm not interested in proving my own particular viewpoint or "winning" any debates, personally.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#63TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/24/2013 4:29:07 PM
kozlo100 posted...
For my two cents, if you're not seeing good conversations on this board, you're either not looking hard enough, or not knowing it when you see it.

I can understand how either thing can happen pretty easily, but that doesn't change the fact that there is quality content here.

Agreed here
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#64GBALoserPosted 1/24/2013 4:40:55 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Pretty much what CK said.

I come here to learn about religion and how other people approach it. I'm not interested in proving my own particular viewpoint or "winning" any debates, personally.

Likewise. "Winning" debates about religion is a fruitless endeavor. They only end with both sides becoming more bitter at the other.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#65Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/24/2013 6:19:31 PM
hamsandwich3141 posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
(only read first few messages)

Why do i have to be on this board to debate? I am hear to discuss christianity. Thats it. I answer questions. I post praise songs and statements. I dont have to debate. The Lord speaks against pointless arguing.

So God wants you to turn people to him, but he doesn't want you to engage them in debates to do it?

-Thats exactly 100% correct.
#66Moorish_IdolPosted 1/25/2013 1:36:51 PM
I wish the TC would post again; maybe explain himself some more in light of the opposition he's received.

Then again, he might be too good for that.
#67Dathrowed1Posted 1/25/2013 3:51:34 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
I wish the TC would post again; maybe explain himself some more in light of the opposition he's received.

Then again, he might be too good for that.

I wasn't playing, TC really is a woman. But yeah I don't see her posting in this topic again
---
sig
#68inferiorweaselPosted 1/26/2013 3:39:22 PM
There is no irrifutable proof artuing for or against an allmighty creator. Neither science or religion have all the answers. I'd like to think both have it right and wrong at the same time. But I actively chose to be a Christian. I am not 100% sure it's the way, but it is what makes the most sense in my life.

I was not born into a religious family. My parents are agnostic, my brother is an athiest and I'm a christian. My dad raised me to make my own choice as my brother has as well.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#69Polish_CrusaderPosted 1/26/2013 4:01:02 PM
There is plenty of irrefutable proof- gods word and his works. I have seen gods works (i.e. miracles) that would blow your mind. I know the god of the bible is true and real. I have my struggles following, but i always come back to my heavenly father in the end.

I have examined the word and it is absolutely true. Especially the parts about the recreation of israel (in the exact location its in right now), and the flood (which has a mountain of evidence including whale and fish bones in the middle of desert).
#70inferiorweaselPosted 1/29/2013 7:00:50 AM
hamsandwich3141 posted...
chukie_sue posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
(only read first few messages)

Why do i have to be on this board to debate? I am hear to discuss christianity. Thats it. I answer questions. I post praise songs and statements. I dont have to debate. The Lord speaks against pointless arguing.

So God wants you to turn people to him, but he doesn't want you to engage them in debates to do it?

That's actually exactly right. Paul himself admit that whenever he tried to proselytize by means of debate, it was almost entirely unfruitful (I don't remember the exact passage but it was somewhere in 1 Corinthians). It when then that he resolved to nothing but Christ and Him crucified, simply preaching the gospel and using signs and wonders to back it up.

That's interesting. I would agree that religious debates probably have a greater chance of being unfruitful than many others, but I would also put forth that Polish's method of spreading the word is even less fruitful. What if others would like to debate you with an open mind?

i wouldn't count on open mind debate on a video game message board. But that's not to rule it out. I just wouldn't ever expect to find it at gameFAQs.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)