This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Refuting the Flying Spaghetti Monster when someone uses it like this.

#51SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:14:56 PM
Please don't disparage Lovecraft or Sesame Street. Thx.

I think it's more like mixing Stir Fry and Ice Cream. Alone they're both great, but together, not so much...
#52fudrickPosted 1/23/2013 2:21:52 PM
Systemafunk posted...
I think it's more like mixing Stir Fry and Ice Cream. Alone they're both great, but together, not so much...

He meant by associating them with FSM, lol
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#53SystemafunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:25:00 PM
I'm not sure I'd want Stir Fry or Ice Cream associated with the FSM either.

Or Spaghetti for that matter...

Or teapots...
#54chareyPosted 1/24/2013 10:28:45 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Besides, if you want to explain why teaching intelligent design in a science classroom is wrong, then just explain it.

If it was that simple, there wouldn't be creationists.

Intelligent design isn't science at all it is an attempt to force science classes to teach Christianity.

It is that simple but people want to believe in YEC so they use the intelligent design "theory" and I am using that term loosely here, to pretend that creationism is somewhat scientific.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#55BashyMcFetusPosted 1/24/2013 11:53:47 AM
Proudclad posted...
1) If the flying spaghetti monster is actual spaghetti, then we have a warrant for asking for physical evidence for the flying spaghetti monster because actual spaghetti resides in the physical world.

Who are you to criticize his perfect noodlyness? He is the first spaghetti. All of our spaghetti is merely an imitation.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#56Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:39:58 PM
preservation bump, been busy
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#57fudrickPosted 1/24/2013 9:09:35 PM
Proudclad posted...
preservation bump, been busy

There have already been posts today in this thread, I think it's fine.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#58darklaoPosted 1/25/2013 1:26:30 AM
And again, it is stupid and lame because it focuses on some kind of superficial image of religion. It focuses on the "outward appearance". I read a critique of the book "The Bell Curve" that was basically this: you can tell what pseudo science is because it just tries to model the outward appearance of science". The same is basically true for the whole FSM thing. Which is why I provided what is a much better parody, and unlike the FSM, actually successfully parodies some of the more dangerous and silly parts of typical monotheistic religions.

Considering Christianity is a literal ripoff of "surface features" of other religions, I have trouble understanding how you can say this with a straight face. Not to defend FSM, which is obviously dumb, but, wow.
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement
#59bratt100Posted 1/25/2013 3:31:07 AM
The FSM is appropriate in many circumstances.

The reason it is used is because it IS ABSURD and unbelievable. The feeling you get when you think about the FSM is the feeling I get when I view religion. It's silly, it's impossible and it uses many of the same arguments that a believer would use in defense of their own god.

IMO religion is a spectrum of insanity and self delusion. The FSM is really just a reflection of that. It's in hopes that you may see the absurdidty of your own beliefs as you question mine.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#60fudrickPosted 1/28/2013 1:23:13 PM
I can't believe I typed out that whole post about colors just to have it be completely ignored. lol
---
Best FCs: