This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God's a nutter

#1stevo6452Posted 1/25/2013 6:53:27 AM(edited)
Seriously, why create such a barbaric universe, where innocent creatures are torn apart and eaten alive, dying in perhaps the most horrific way possible. Why not create a nice universe, where we can float around as spirits, talking telepathicly to each other? It's okay for you atheists, who think that the universe, and the physics of the universe, came about by chance, but for us believers, reality and God's decisions in creating it, creates some uncomfortable home truths...
#2kts123Posted 1/25/2013 7:07:28 AM
I'm pretty sure man invented politics all on his own.
#3LastManStandingPosted 1/25/2013 7:46:51 AM
stevo6452 posted...
Seriously, why create such a barbaric universe, where innocent creatures are torn apart and eaten alive, dying in perhaps the most horrific way possible. Why not create a nice universe, where we can float around as spirits, talking telepathicly to each other? It's okay for you atheists, who think that the universe, and the physics of the universe, came about by chance, but for us believers, reality and God's decisions in creating it, creates some uncomfortable home truths...

Go to heaven, and experience what God stored for us.
This world is devoured by Satan,,,
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#4JonWood007Posted 1/25/2013 9:50:37 AM
If heaven exists and all the great stuff you say is true....why not just make heaven?

And don't say "sin", because suffering and death were around long before us, according to evolutionary theory.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/25/2013 9:52:35 AM
JonWood007 posted...
If heaven exists and all the great stuff you say is true....why not just make heaven?

And don't say "sin", because suffering and death were around long before us, according to evolutionary theory.

Sin.

If God had made the world with a bunch of new creations, they would have sinned and ruined the whole deal. So he gave us a place to become better folks, overcome evil, and then start again in a new world as free agents with the wisdom and experience and willpower it takes to avoid evil.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#6GegengegengegenPosted 1/25/2013 10:24:24 AM
And what about the innocents who are utterly crushed and destroyed by evil, physically and spiritually?
#7TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/25/2013 10:26:48 AM
Gegengegengegen posted...
And what about the innocents who are utterly crushed and destroyed by evil, physically and spiritually?

I am not one of those Christians who pretends to know how God sorts those who go on from those who just die, but I do not believe anyone is punished with any kind of torment. They just go back to death.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#8kozlo100Posted 1/25/2013 10:50:16 AM
See this was kind of my main point in that now 800 post threadnought that shall not be named.

Instead of asking why God would create a universe that looks like ours, we should take our universe and ask if it looks like it was created by a benevolent omnipotent being.

How you frame the question changes the whole shape of the discussion.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#9Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/25/2013 10:54:09 AM(edited)
My way of looking at it is:

There is too much good in the universe for an omnipotent creator to be wholly evil. There is too much evil in the universe for an omnipotent creator to be wholly good.
#10GegengegengegenPosted 1/25/2013 10:58:36 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Gegengegengegen posted...

I am not one of those Christians who pretends to know how God sorts those who go on from those who just die, but I do not believe anyone is punished with any kind of torment. They just go back to death.

So then what's the point at all of creating a life that does nothing but suffer and cause suffering only to be snuffed out?