This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain the 3 magi to me?

#11Hustle KongPosted 1/29/2013 11:13:02 AM
I don't want to spoil Ozy's joke, but C'MON, guys!
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#12TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/29/2013 11:14:56 AM
LastManStanding posted...
Herod (Jewish)

omg lol Im never taking you seriously again
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#13the_hedonistPosted 1/29/2013 11:56:27 AM
The wise men came to anoint Jesus as Messiah. There are many different interpretations of the meaning of their gifts (gold, frankincense, and myrrh) to Jesus - his messiahhood, kingship, priestly office, suffering, death, humanness, divinity, etc. There are many interpetations, but the main point, it seems to me, is to anoint Jesus.
---
"Knowing is the responsible human struggle to rely on clues to focus on a coherent pattern and submit to its reality." -Esther Meek
#14actarusPosted 1/29/2013 12:20:47 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Herod (Jewish)

LastManStanding don't forget that Jesus,Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and the innocent babies are also Jewish
It is rather about a king that don't want that the Messiah rules over the world in the future and kills the real Saints who are Jewish.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#15GBALoserPosted 1/29/2013 5:53:52 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
I don't want to spoil Ozy's joke, but C'MON, guys!

I know, I lol'd too.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#16LastManStandingPosted 1/29/2013 7:30:56 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Herod (Jewish)

That is so out context. Herod was Jewish and new Christ was the Messiah, but He still wanted to kill Him. Which is the foreshadowing of the future that the Jewish inspite of all miracles still decided to kill Christ.
If you put the two together you will understand something, but can you? This means that there are people still on this day and age that don't want to admit Christ is the Messiah for a reason that they don't. It would be too inconvenient. Those Rabbis either become priests, congregation or they are basically done.
Christ during Second Coming will resolve it. Woe to the one that does not repent by then.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#17Gryffindor1Posted 1/29/2013 7:47:59 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Herod (Jewish)

That is so out context. Herod was Jewish and new Christ was the Messiah, but He still wanted to kill Him. Which is the foreshadowing of the future that the Jewish inspite of all miracles still decided to kill Christ.
If you put the two together you will understand something, but can you? This means that there are people still on this day and age that don't want to admit Christ is the Messiah for a reason that they don't. It would be too inconvenient. Those Rabbis either become priests, congregation or they are basically done.
Christ during Second Coming will resolve it. Woe to the one that does not repent by then.

And its this kind of thinking that got unknown numbers of Jews killed by Christians.