This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God is a logical necessity

#21Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/29/2013 1:21:44 PM
Argument from ignorance, argument from incredulity, special pleading... This isn't worth responding to.
#22ScottSweatshirt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:24:38 PM
ElderMisanthropy posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

I saw you last post and I really dont care what your preferred terminology is. Thats kinda irrelevant. The million dollar question still remains though and I noticed you failed to answer it.
#23Moorish_IdolPosted 1/29/2013 1:25:26 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
I shouldn't come into topics proclaiming something so bold and expecting anything new or novel.

lol, I was thinking the same thing. When I saw it was just the Watchmaker argument I felt disappointed but really shouldn't have expected otherwise.
#24ScottSweatshirt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:07 PM
But why isnt there an edit button on this forum?
#25fudrickPosted 1/29/2013 1:26:24 PM
ScottSweatshirt posted...
If it did happen by purely naturalistic circumstances then is it possible that the first living beings inherited these essential components all at once as macro evolution is not a contiguous process? That must have been the case right for a person wouldnt be able to live with just a portion of an organ, let lone a single organ at a time. Rationalize that for me please.

This is bad...
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#26WelshGamer82Posted 1/29/2013 1:33:50 PM(edited)
From: ScottSweatshirt | Posted: 1/29/2013 9:26:07 PM | #024

There is. Your user level isn't high enough to have access to it.
#27fudrickPosted 1/29/2013 1:28:15 PM

There is one, under message detail. You might not be able to access it yet, though.

Are you going to answer my question?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#28Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/29/2013 1:31:14 PM(edited)
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Charles Darwin

So fitting here.

I'll address one point- Yes, actually organs do have intermediate evolutionary stages where part of one is better than not having one. In The God Delusion *which has a lot of information about biology/evolution), Richard Dawkins gives 2 examples: eyes and wings. The most primitive eye, possessed by some worms, can detect light but not produce an image for itself. The next stage can produce an image, but a blurry, non-colored one. The next stage produces a non-colored one, and the next a colored one. It's not literally "half an eye", it's stages of complexity. Similar, wings have different uses at different stages. A simply wing merely slows down falls; a more advanced one can glide, and the most advanced can fly. And the way necessary organs/body parts develop is that first they are used as a non-necessary beneficial add-on that later becomes necessary. Lungs were first developed for aquatic organisms to catch food on land. See: lungfish. But for living things in the past, they spent more and more time on land until over stages of evolution they eventually couldn't live in water anymore.
#29ScottSweatshirt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:32:53 PM
fudrick posted...
If it did happen by purely naturalistic circumstances then is it possible that the first living beings inherited these essential components all at once as macro evolution is not a contiguous process? That must have been the case right for a person wouldnt be able to live with just a portion of an organ, let lone a single organ at a time. Rationalize that for me please.

This is bad...

Im not really to familiar with pseudo science but what exactly is the consensus on abiogenesis? Last time I heard, they say it was some lighting storm that created life in its aftermath. Of course, I dont believe in such non sense. I just like to be familiar with it so I see where these these atheist are coming form that regurgitate these insane theories in hopes to try and substantiate the lies they believe.
#30ScottSweatshirt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:33:13 PM
WelshGamer82 posted...
There is. Your user level isn't high enough to have access to it.

oh