This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God is a logical necessity

#91QwelzaarKanePosted 2/5/2013 4:07:31 AM
DarkContractor posted...
even if our universe was finite, then even out of the millions (maybe billions, idr) of galaxies we know of, one single planet sustaining life really isn't that much of a stretch.

From what I've gathered through Google, there's an estimated 170+ billion galaxies and 300 sextillion stars in the universe. So yeah. Tbh, I'd be more surprised if Earth is the only planet with intelligent life.
---
PSN: QwelzaarKane // Synonymous with nothing
Tekken Tag 2, Jak and Daxter, God of War 2
#92bratt100Posted 2/5/2013 6:11:09 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
something requiring a creator is that it's complex/appears to be designed, then why shouldn't that apply to the creator as well? It's special pleading.

So what if the creator needs a creator, and so on, and so forth? I don't see how this means the earth doesn't need one.

I don't see how it does, when we can explain how the earth was made. A pretty solid understanding too...oh and you are a troll, in every damn way.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#93OrangeWizardPosted 2/5/2013 8:43:26 AM
I don't see how it does

Because we've already assumed that creation needs a creator. If it didn't, why would anyone ask "Then shouldn't that apply to the creator too?"
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#94fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 9:26:01 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Because we've already assumed that creation needs a creator. If it didn't, why would anyone ask "Then shouldn't that apply to the creator too?"

I would say that applying a person's argument in another situation, in order to demonstrate that the conclusion that person came to is misleading at best, isn't the same as assuming that the argument and its premises are valid.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#95OrangeWizardPosted 2/5/2013 9:30:13 AM
Okay
---
#96fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 4:44:16 PM
Why do you disagree?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#97bratt100Posted 2/5/2013 10:19:33 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
I don't see how it does

I don't make that assumption and I don't need to look at it through your muddled eyes. I would rather believe in things that are real.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#98OrangeWizardPosted 2/5/2013 10:49:00 PM
Why do you disagree?

I don't.
---
#99DrAlbertBanduraPosted 2/6/2013 7:33:56 PM
Infinite regressions can't exist for the same reason WLC says you can't have an infinite backward timeline.
---
Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns. I'll drive."
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9504/bandura.jpg