This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People care more about Christ's death than they do his life.

#1EDlFlCATIONPosted 1/31/2013 11:47:39 AM
While the resurrection was obviously important I think his teachings sometimes take too much of a backseat to it.

I think people should look at his teachings once in a while and not just concentrate on the miracles.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
Izual - Common Sense Applies.
#2TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/31/2013 11:48:53 AM
Christ's death and resurrection wasnt just a miracle, it is the focal point of Christian theology. Its the whole point of the whole deal.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#3kts123Posted 1/31/2013 12:19:16 PM
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” - Luke 6:46-49
#4C_MatPosted 1/31/2013 12:36:41 PM
EDlFlCATION posted...
While the resurrection was obviously important I think his teachings sometimes take too much of a backseat to it.

I think people should look at his teachings once in a while and not just concentrate on the miracles.

If you look at Jesus as mainly a teacher, you'll focus on his teachings and become a religious moralist (legalism).

If you look at Jesus as mainly a savior, you'll focus on his act of saving us (the cross) and let it make you humble.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#5Julian_CaesarPosted 1/31/2013 6:30:21 PM
Christ's death and resurrection wasnt just a miracle, it is the focal point of Christian theology. Its the whole point of the whole deal.

If you look at Jesus as mainly a teacher, you'll focus on his teachings and become a religious moralist (legalism).

If you look at Jesus as mainly a savior, you'll focus on his act of saving us (the cross) and let it make you humble.

Not going to add anything, just want to employ repetition on some wonderfully expressed ideas.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#6LastManStandingPosted 1/31/2013 6:47:47 PM
You need living faith. Live the faith. People should know you are a Christian by your works.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#7bratt100Posted 1/31/2013 9:28:53 PM
Julian_Caesar posted...

Not going to add anything, just want to employ repetition on some wonderfully expressed ideas.

Repetition is a common thing when brainwashing a person or group of people.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#8bratt100Posted 1/31/2013 9:33:09 PM
LastManStanding posted...
You need living faith. Live the faith. People should know you are a Christian by your works.

I do not know a single christian who actually lives by the word as the word is impossible to follow. What with all the contradictions.

WWJD? He would give up everything he has to spread to word and do good in the world. Do you know anyone who has done this? Do you know any wealthy Christians?
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#9JonWood007Posted 1/31/2013 10:09:46 PM
Yeah living the faith is next to impossible. You would literally need to live like a bum, "walking the earth" as samuel l jackson put it in Pulp fiction.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#10Julian_CaesarPosted 1/31/2013 11:41:47 PM
Repetition is a common thing when brainwashing a person or group of people.

It's also a common thing when teaching important concepts in the classroom.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.