This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A quarter of Americans say God will help decide the Super Bowl

#11mr_brain123Posted 2/1/2013 12:11:41 PM
Let's see how god feels about the NFL's most devoted Christian:

Tebow gets traded after his first season to the Jets

The Jets have been trying to dump him to any team

Tebow is on the verge of being cut and no other NFL team wants any part of him....

Well guess those are his rewards for his countless prayers
---
Facts trump all
#12FlashOfLightPosted 2/1/2013 2:33:50 PM
Maybe he'll go over to the CFL and have better luck.
---
And out of this crust, put out your thrust, do what you must, try not to rust, as you turn to dust.
#13PhoroPosted 2/1/2013 5:03:20 PM
mr_brain123 posted...
Let's see how god feels about the NFL's most devoted Christian:

Tebow gets traded after his first season to the Jets

The Jets have been trying to dump him to any team

Tebow is on the verge of being cut and no other NFL team wants any part of him....

Well guess those are his rewards for his countless prayers

That God fella has a wicked sense of humor.
Either that or he just got sick of that Tebowing bull**** like the rest of us and omni-benched his ass.
Amen.
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#14Gryffindor1Posted 2/1/2013 5:10:47 PM
How exactly will God help decide it?
#15SpawnShadowPosted 2/2/2013 6:55:46 PM
I say that a quarter of Americans are fools if they think that some deity really gives a damn about the Super Bowl.

Then again, that may just be my hatred of football and the "culture" that was built around it talking.
---
"Mjolnir: apply directly to the forehead."
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy for hours on end? See quote for details!
#16AdmiralBisonPosted 2/4/2013 12:39:44 AM
If Jesusgod doesn't care why pray?

You know for a sport, lottery, food, cures, health etc...
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#17AdmiralBisonPosted 2/4/2013 1:17:33 AM(edited)
Gryffindor1 posted...
How exactly will God help decide it?

It's easy.

count the hits and affirmations and attribute them to the gods and ignore the misses.
Also try to scam as much money out it as possible.

---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#18almasbabyPosted 2/4/2013 3:01:27 AM
I don't know if God had anything to do with it, but I bet a LOT of people were praying for their team when SF was 1st and goal with only 4 minutes left. The Ravens fans will say that God was with them. Indeed, middle line backer, Ray Lewis, even said "When God is with you, who can go against you?" But alas, the poor SF fans. Did God abandoned them? I wonder how many became atheists.
#19lastheroPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:29 AM
This reminds me of all those people who prayed and had rallies and said that 'the people can go to the polls, but God has the deciding vote!' during the last election...until Obama won, then all the sudden God had nothing to do with the election and it was all America's fault and they'll pay for their evil, wicked choice.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#20SuibomPosted 2/4/2013 11:17:17 AM
lasthero posted...
This reminds me of all those people who prayed and had rallies and said that 'the people can go to the polls, but God has the deciding vote!' during the last election...until Obama won, then all the sudden God had nothing to do with the election and it was all America's fault and they'll pay for their evil, wicked choice.

Citation needed.

I'd love to see what groups were saying that. Never saw any of that in my neck of the woods.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14