This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, I was very disappointed in how that topic ended.

#21dkcprje(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:07:48 PM
"To say that a piece of literary history has a "genre" is stupid, and so is any argument that derives from the bible having a "genre" is also stupid, and I'll ignore it."

"I will accuse everyone of knowing nothing about the writer of this book while also feigning secret knowledge of the writer of this book."

No one cares about your opinion.

Seriously, are asking to get lobotomized? Because It's gonna happen...

What's going to happen? Another spectacular display of failure on his part?
---
"...says the guy who thinks a woman consents if she doesn't scream." "In that context, yes. It was consent. Get over it." - Numba1linesmen
#22Moorish_IdolPosted 2/1/2013 5:30:53 PM
Well, here we go again. inb4 500.
#23OrangeWizardPosted 2/1/2013 5:49:32 PM
"I will accuse everyone of knowing nothing about the writer of this book while also feigning secret knowledge of the writer of this book."

No one cares about your opinion.

But you and you alone know that it's a piece of fiction, right?

What's going to happen? Another spectacular display of failure on his part?

If "spectacular failure" means 1000 posts, then okay
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#24dkcprje(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:54:49 PM

But you and you alone know that it isn't a piece of fiction, right? What I'm getting at is that you can't say that the book necessarily is putting forth a serious caricature of a perfect deity. Irony isn't stupid. It's entertaining.

If we spend another 1000 posts here, it'll all be you trying to support something which you can't. So. Post away.
---
"...says the guy who thinks a woman consents if she doesn't scream." "In that context, yes. It was consent. Get over it." - Numba1linesmen
#25GBALoserPosted 2/1/2013 6:02:31 PM
dkcprje posted...

But you and you alone know that it isn't a piece of fiction, right? What I'm getting at is that you can't say that the book necessarily is putting forth a serious caricature of a perfect deity. Irony isn't stupid. It's entertaining.

If we spend another 1000 posts here, it'll all be you trying to support something which you can't. So. Post away.

And OW continues to feed on your delicious tears....

Have at him, OW. He's beyond God's help now.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#26dkcprje(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:07:50 PM(edited)
I'm afraid his arguments retain too much flaccidity. The tears will be tears of laughter.

Have at me, OW. I have an itch... down there.
---
#27GBALoserPosted 2/1/2013 6:14:34 PM(edited)
dkcprje posted...
I'm afraid his arguments retain too much flaccidity. The tears will be tears of laughter.

Have at me, OW. I have an itch... down there.

Dude, just... no. Are you saying that God is somehow genre-saavy? That's your argument? I ask because your initial argument was crowded out by all the blind shouting at the end.

EDIT: Because poor literacy is KEWL!!
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#28PhoroPosted 2/1/2013 6:14:49 PM
I hate this topic trilogy.
I look forward to lurking it all the way to 1500, but I hope the fourth entry is a prequel because the thin plot is starting to feel contrived and the characters are too one-dimensional.
:-)
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#29GBALoserPosted 2/1/2013 6:17:21 PM
Phoro posted...
I hate this topic trilogy.
I look forward to lurking it all the way to 1500, but I hope the fourth entry is a prequel because the thin plot is starting to feel contrived and the characters are too one-dimensional.
:-)

Nah, part four will include elements never before mentioned in any of the predecessors, but it will be treated as canon because "What's continuity?"
---
#30OrangeWizardPosted 2/1/2013 6:18:34 PM
What I'm getting at is that you can't say that the book necessarily is putting forth a serious caricature of a perfect deity.

Do I need to? Because, so far, we're assuming that it is.

This is the same reason why we're not assuming that it's a book of fiction, or is otherwise completely false. If we did that, we would never get to the part where we criticize God, because we would have no reason to believe that such a being existed.

Your silly argument is nothing new. It could be substituted with the two examples above, which people have brought up before. You are not a unique snowflake. The reason why nobody makes these "arguments", is because it doesn't lead them toward anything.

"What if the bible is fake"? Well then the bible is fake, and there's no reason to talk about it. Discussion over.

Nobody does that because it doesn't lead to any discussion, which is usually the opposite of what people want when they come here.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face