This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Didn't Adam and Eve commit incest?

#1EmbraceChaosPosted 2/2/2013 10:16:44 AM
Adam basically banged a female version of himself. Actually, didn't he technically bang his own daughter? She came from his rib.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#2_Rasl3rX_Posted 2/2/2013 12:02:54 PM
what does this have to do with the validity of the Bible?

the 'immorality" of incest stems from that theres a chance of certain recessive genes that initiate more unwanted features and such. If we're in a fall from perfection, then there are no recessive genes that are causing undesirable features, the mutations creating them haven't happened yet.

im an atheist btw, I just never saw genetics as a threat to the Bible.
#3Your_LordKingPosted 2/2/2013 1:01:51 PM
Yes, Adam essentially had sex with his sister/daughter genetically. Obviously, it's just a fable that's long since passed the point of being relevant in the 21st century of knowledge.
#4OrangeWizardPosted 2/2/2013 1:12:50 PM
Yes.

Problem?
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#5hunter_gohanPosted 2/2/2013 1:13:25 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

the 'immorality" of incest stems from that theres a chance of certain recessive genes that initiate more unwanted features and such. If we're in a fall from perfection, then there are no recessive genes that are causing undesirable features, the mutations creating them haven't happened yet.

This explanation breaks down once you realize they think it happened all over again with Noah and his family. Funny thing is we actually are pretty inbreed. Our genetic bottleneck was like 70,000 years ago though and had nothing to do with a flood.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#6JonWood007Posted 2/2/2013 2:03:25 PM
Yes, but you see, God suspended his own laws of genetics to make us free of birth defects! Those only came later because they ate a piece of magical fruit.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#7EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:31:29 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Yes.

Problem?

Besides the fact that Christianity ascertains the origins of man is a man having sex with his own daughter and the obvious wrongness of it?
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#8DarkContractorPosted 2/2/2013 6:51:54 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

This explanation breaks down once you realize they think it happened all over again with Noah and his family. Funny thing is we actually are pretty inbreed. Our genetic bottleneck was like 70,000 years ago though and had nothing to do with a flood.

fair enough, concededFrom: EmbraceChaos | #007
OrangeWizard posted...
Yes.

Problem?

Besides the fact that Christianity ascertains the origins of man is a man having sex with his own daughter and the obvious wrongness of it?

lmao obvious wrongness
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#9EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:03:22 PM
DarkContractor posted...
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

fair enough, concededFrom: EmbraceChaos | #007
OrangeWizard posted...
Yes.

Problem?

lmao obvious wrongness

You think having sex with your own daughter is okay?
---
#10Moorish_IdolPosted 2/2/2013 7:20:15 PM
Well what else would they do? Blame God for not having the foresight to create more than two people at the get-go.