This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The history of your conversions

#21chukie_suePosted 2/3/2013 8:49:05 PM
Agnostic - 18 years
Christian - 17 years

Of those 17 years, the first 5 were spent as a Charismaniac (a fundy charismatic)

Just out of curiosity, are you a cessationist now?
---
"Christ is with those of humble mind, not with those who exalt themselves over his flock." -St. Clement of Rome.
#22MatamoriPosted 2/3/2013 8:50:39 PM
Christian- age 5 - present
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#23LastManStandingPosted 2/3/2013 9:18:04 PM
What I learned that after Confirmation people dive sometimes, because there is an assumption that they know it all, whatever all is. Such a big mistake, when getting Holy Spirit at Confirmation, this is a perfect time to to really build up the faith...
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#24WhereDidItGoPosted 2/4/2013 5:55:16 AM
I was an apathetic atheist growing up, with a small interest in Wicca that developed in high school. Became a Christian when I was 24 and joined a non-denominational charismatic church that I stayed at for 5 years. Over time I found myself having more and more theological disagreements with that church, so I sampled a few other denominations to see what they were about. I attended a Baptist church for about 2 years, but left there over disagreements as well. Finally I attended and joined the Catholic church and have been a devoted Catholic for almost 3 years now.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#25SuibomPosted 2/4/2013 8:15:18 AM
chukie_sue posted...
Agnostic - 18 years
Christian - 17 years

Of those 17 years, the first 5 were spent as a Charismaniac (a fundy charismatic)

Just out of curiosity, are you a cessationist now?

No. Very much so a Continuationist.

Just now, I'm just not so hung up on health, wealth, and chandelier-swinging.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#26Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/4/2013 8:27:18 AM
Catholic 0-22 Agnostic Atheist 22-now
#27Blue_Dream87Posted 2/6/2013 1:31:02 AM
Secular Childhood > Few short periods 'practicing' Islam, Christianity, and Shintoism (11-12) > Angstheist because of a direct rejection of Christianity > Interest in Taoism & practiced Buddhism, became a theist believing in a Tao-like entity > Became involved in the Baha'i Faith and absorbed some wisdom > Sorted out all of this knowledge & wisdom, and drew a conclusion to a sorta pantheistic God
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/deeath.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/sloth.png
#28Auron772Posted 2/6/2013 12:07:11 PM
Been an atheist my entire life. The greatest gift my parents ever gave me was not bringing me to church when I was younger. I like to think that because of this I never closed my mind to all the possibilities out there and I demand evidence for every world view.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#29kts123Posted 2/6/2013 12:12:03 PM
Very non-denominational Christian: birth to 15.
Atheist: 15 to 21.
Christian: 21 to now.