This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for Christians, Muslims, Jews ect

#1zero8691Posted 2/2/2013 8:36:54 PM
What's the point of debating about God if we have no proof, All we have is faith and with faith we can't produce evidence, Only testimonies but even with those, An athiest can just say, How is that any different from a Buddhist seeing Budda ect? then again we are at a stand still, again we have no evidence to make an atheist think "Hey, He's right! I was wrong all these years, Imma dedicate My life to helping the poor and sick an pray to God, The Christian God"
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#2TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/2/2013 8:38:27 PM
People try and attack religion by using disproofs of internal consistency. Most of the discussion happens in those contexts.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#3SirThinkALotPosted 2/2/2013 9:23:35 PM
There is evidence, evidence from history, as well as some philosophical arguments. Whether its strong enough to be considered 'proof' is debateable.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#4LastManStandingPosted 2/2/2013 10:18:12 PM
God does not force yourself on you, you have to open up yourself to God. Pray to Jesus Christ to call you.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#5mohsin28Posted 2/3/2013 9:46:15 PM
There's scientific facts found in the quran that was written 1400+ years ago. That, coupled with the logic found in islam allows me to put faith in god. A while back I made a vow that if I found anything inconsistent or evidence that islam could not have come from an omnipotent god, I'd leave it. I have yet to find any. And my search for it only increases my faith because everything in this religion makes sense to me.
---
you better watch what the **** flies outta yo mouth,
or imma highjack a plane and fly it into your house.
#6LastManStandingPosted 2/3/2013 9:54:19 PM
mohsin28 posted...
There's scientific facts found in the quran that was written 1400+ years ago. That, coupled with the logic found in islam allows me to put faith in god. A while back I made a vow that if I found anything inconsistent or evidence that islam could not have come from an omnipotent god, I'd leave it. I have yet to find any. And my search for it only increases my faith because everything in this religion makes sense to me.

Jesus Christ is the final Revelation, and Holy Bible is the last book.
It says in the Bible: God spoke through prophets and in the final days He spoke through His Son. There is nothing left after that, I'm sorry.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#7Julian_CaesarPosted 2/3/2013 9:56:55 PM
People try and attack religion by using disproofs of internal consistency. Most of the discussion happens in those contexts.

---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#8UnfairRepresentPosted 2/8/2013 11:36:02 PM
Religious people should never ever rely on "we just need faith" leaning on personal faith as a last resort is kinda pathetic and one of the biggest weakness religion has ever had.

Encouraging the religious not to think logically, to only rely on faith, to not talk about God and to avoid thought-provoking discussion is insane. It's like one of the worst and most dangerous precedents to set.
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#9Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/8/2013 11:46:19 PM
1.)I have evidence. I do not believe on blind faith.
2.)There is a mountain of evidence besides personal testimony. You just refuse to look at it. Again (i feel like a broken record here), do the research yourself and you wont have to ask questions like this and the other guy in the other topic did about heaven.
3.)I hate debating. Even though i occasionally find myself doing it. It never bears fruit, atleast on a forum like this.
4.)The condition of receiving a miracle is dependent on your belief and pursuit in Jesus, not the other way around. If you want to see something holy, something divine happen in your life, then start pursuing the divine and holiness. I have seen miracles i even posted them on this site. The most recent one was when a guy at my wed. night church group who i never met before walking up to me and giving me 20$ saying that he owed me this right after i tithed 20$. Miracles are real. Jesus is real. You just have to follow. Its really that simple.
#10ravenomoarPosted 2/9/2013 6:45:41 AM
I think LMS is like a broken record. When people actually want to have discussions about religion. He tries to force Christianity down your throat. Worse than a fn Jehova's witness.