This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WLC Wins Another Debate

#31Magyar15Posted 2/4/2013 10:21:05 PM
LunarAmbience posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZabnReL224

Craig couldn't handle a guy outside of forum that encourages his gallop. Put Dawkins on a stage with him, it will appear that he'd been demolished. Put him in a sit-down exchange or video/text exchange, and Craig will fall apart as fast as he did for this guy.

Honestly, whether he was right or not, everything about that guy in the youtube video screams douchebag...
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#32ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 10:24:49 PM
TheoreticalBS's interaction with Craig is laughable. Craig is a fierce opponent. If they sat down and debated, Craig would probably win. Dawkins wouldn't merely "appear" demolished. He WOULD be demolished because his arguments are garbage.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#33PhiZZiZle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:35:34 PM
LunarAmbience posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZabnReL224

Craig couldn't handle a guy outside of forum that encourages his gallop. Put Dawkins on a stage with him, it will appear that he'd been demolished. Put him in a sit-down exchange or video/text exchange, and Craig will fall apart as fast as he did for this guy.

Fall apart as he did for this guy.....

You have lost ALL credibility
---
God made police so that firefighters could have heroes.
#34LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 10:43:28 PM
Nope, and whatever.

We're at an impasse. Forever in the hypothetical, it seems.
---
The above is both true and false.
#35ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:17 PM
PhiZZiZle is right. Pretending that Dawkins wouldn't be demolished is laughable. So is insisting that Craig fell apart because of some Youtuber who had some limited interaction with a professional philosopher, intellectual, thinker, etc.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#36LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 10:51:07 PM(edited)
Pretending that depriving WLC of his Gish Gallop wouldn't take the wind out of his sails is laughable. So is sitting in astonished disbelief that a professional philosopher, intellectual, thinker, etc. in all of his, ahem... authority managed to make a fool of himself through his interactions with an amateur.
---
#37ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 10:52:27 PM
you keep taking for granted your assumption that he made a fool of himself. when quite frankly atheists are so desperate to say that they 'debunked' Craig that they're turning to a tiny interaction with a Youtuber (an interaction that, if complete, would've crushed the Youtuber) as their last means of debunking a powerful and formidable thinker

this is...the very definition of unfortunate.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#38LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 11:03:18 PM
It's simply my belief that if you deprive this "powerful and formidable thinker" of a forum in which this thinker consistently advances rather, eh... practiced and numerous - numerous - nuuumerous (did I emphasize numerous?) points, and you move him to a forum in which time and formal turn-taking are not issues, you would see that he doesn't do as well.

I'm sorry if you can't see that in this particular (and rare, incidentally) interaction. I hope your obvious inclination toward sparkly, shiny authority didn't bias you.
---
#39lastheroPosted 2/4/2013 11:07:48 PM
Proudclad posted...
PhiZZiZle is right. Pretending that Dawkins wouldn't be demolished is laughable. So is insisting that Craig fell apart because of some Youtuber who had some limited interaction with a professional philosopher, intellectual, thinker, etc.

I can almost smell the smugness.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#40LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 11:20:04 PM
Almost a wiff of, "I couldn't even bother to watch the entire exchange, but I will carry on about how well WLC did and would have done."
---