This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I will convert to any religion with one condition:

#31Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:24:57 AM
I am surprised that you'd have the gall to try to insult someone's cleverness after making this topic. :/

You may find I'm full of surprises.

You must join a religion of my own design in which you must sit outside the NYSE in a loincloth and burn $500,000 [a 10% tithe] one dollar at a time before you get the rest.

Well then you'll have to give me an additional 500,000 to burn because you can't ask me to give up any of the base five million. So basically you'll pay me five million dollars to slowly burn five hundred thousand? Hey man, whatever boats your float.

I never said you did have to give the money up. You have to give me different money.

I don't have any different money. If you give me five million I will only have five million. I would be willing to try to use that five million to make more money, and then give you that though, sure.

You made a deal, now pay up

Once you give me my five million, then a deal will have been made. But I will not convert to any religion until the point at which I am given five million dollars. I thought that would have been extremely obvious but apparently I overestimated you.
---
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/615/zeropoem.jpg
#32Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:56:26 AM
Actually now that I think on it, you can't really just declare a new religion out of the blue, can you? At best you can maybe make a cult, but without any followers it's really nothing more than a way of thinking and a bunch of fantasies.

So in the future unless your suggestions involve an actual, legitimate religion, you can keep your hilarious wit to yourself. I never said I'd join a cult for five million, or prescribe to a way of thinking someone thought of in ten seconds to try and cheat me.

So, yeah, real religions only.
---
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/d/ri_chibis_series_3_by_frist44-d3fwuko.png
Good work, ChaosZeroRoxorz!
#33thegreatsquarePosted 2/11/2013 12:15:16 PM(edited)
Iwantedzero posted...

You must join a religion of my own design in which you must sit outside the NYSE in a loincloth and burn $500,000 [a 10% tithe] one dollar at a time before you get the rest.

Well then you'll have to give me an additional 500,000 to burn because you can't ask me to give up any of the base five million. So basically you'll pay me five million dollars to slowly burn five hundred thousand? Hey man, whatever boats your float..

Considering lighting each dollar bill and letting it burn before lighting the next should translate into about 20 seconds per bill, you might want to do the math before you jump right in.
---
Q9450@3.2GHz - HD5970- ASUS P5N-D - 4GB Mushkin 950MHz -Prolimatech Megahalem-Corsair 750TX -CM590- SAMSUNG 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 - Creative X-fi - SRH440
#34Joe605Posted 2/11/2013 12:13:39 PM
Iwantedzero posted...
Actually now that I think on it, you can't really just declare a new religion out of the blue, can you? At best you can maybe make a cult, but without any followers it's really nothing more than a way of thinking and a bunch of fantasies.

So in the future unless your suggestions involve an actual, legitimate religion, you can keep your hilarious wit to yourself. I never said I'd join a cult for five million, or prescribe to a way of thinking someone thought of in ten seconds to try and cheat me.

So, yeah, real religions only.

So your saying that if I make something up, its bull****, but if people start believing me it becomes not bull**** anymore?

What is an actual, legitimate religion, and why do cults not fit the definition?
---
Bowling IS a sport.
The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe in it.
#35Iwantedzero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:04:02 PM
Considering lighting each dollar bill and letting it burn before lighting the next should translate into about 20 seconds per bill, you might want to do the math before you jump right in.

Still less time than it would take to get that kind of money by any other means. *shrug*

Regardless, burning money is illegal anyway, and I live in Canada where we don't have dollar bills, we have dollar coins. You can't really burn a coin to a crisp....and again it's not a religion so that proposition kinda falls apart all over the place.

So your saying that if I make something up, its bull****, but if people start believing me it becomes not bull**** anymore?

Welcome to the prospect of Religion my friend.

What is an actual, legitimate religion,

That my friend, is a deep and hotly debated question even to this day. I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer for you. A good start would be looking at if it has tax exempt status in the United States. I don't think there are any tax exempt religious organizations in the US that wouldn't qualify, but I could possibly be wrong...

why do cults not fit the definition?

Why would they?
---
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/d/ri_chibis_series_3_by_frist44-d3fwuko.png
Good work, ChaosZeroRoxorz!
#36Joe605Posted 2/12/2013 9:45:06 AM
Why would they? Religions, like cults, are made up fantasies used to cheat people out of their money. They both have an organized set of beliefs and culture that relate to humanity. And they are both believed without any legitimate evidence to support their conclusions.

"Eat the body and blood of Jesus and you will obtain eternal happiness in heaven with Jesus" isn't any better than "drink the kool-aid."

The only difference between a cult and a religion is that in a cult, the person at the top who knows the whole thing is bull**** isn't dead yet.
---
Bowling IS a sport.
The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe in it.