This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality

#21str8KnowledgePosted 2/6/2013 5:01:12 PM
Remember on Real World/Road Rules Challenge Puck spit in Kevins face and then to make up for it he would let kevin spit in his face?
#22Forte89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:56:07 PM
fudrick posted...
So basically what you mean to say is:

"treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality...

... except when it's not."

and just what is? do what a book tells you no matter how wrong it sounds?
---
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
#23fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 8:00:49 PM
Forte89 posted...
and just what is? do what a book tells you no matter how wrong it sounds?

I am not religious.

I don't think there is necessarily such a thing as "the most accurate basis for morality" as I don't believe that there are objective moral standards against which one can judge a moral system for accuracy.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#24DarkContractorPosted 2/8/2013 3:53:49 AM
i would say the most minimal basis for morality is "what feels good/causes pleasure is right. what is wrong feels wrong/causes pain, etc." we then develop, twist, and find the exceptions to it based on "one's freedoms end where another's begins"
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#25Forte89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:00:55 PM
DarkContractor posted...
i would say the most minimal basis for morality is "what feels good/causes pleasure is right. what is wrong feels wrong/causes pain, etc." we then develop, twist, and find the exceptions to it based on "one's freedoms end where another's begins"

exactly what the religous do.
---
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
#26fudrickPosted 2/8/2013 2:24:50 PM
Forte89 posted...
exactly what the religous do.

Why is that bad? And do you have anything to say in response to my last post, or no?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious