This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality
4 years ago#21
Remember on Real World/Road Rules Challenge Puck spit in Kevins face and then to make up for it he would let kevin spit in his face?
4 years ago#22
fudrick posted...
So basically what you mean to say is:

"treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality...

... except when it's not."

and just what is? do what a book tells you no matter how wrong it sounds?
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
4 years ago#23
Forte89 posted...
and just what is? do what a book tells you no matter how wrong it sounds?

I am not religious.

I don't think there is necessarily such a thing as "the most accurate basis for morality" as I don't believe that there are objective moral standards against which one can judge a moral system for accuracy.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
4 years ago#24
i would say the most minimal basis for morality is "what feels good/causes pleasure is right. what is wrong feels wrong/causes pain, etc." we then develop, twist, and find the exceptions to it based on "one's freedoms end where another's begins"
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
4 years ago#25
DarkContractor posted...
i would say the most minimal basis for morality is "what feels good/causes pleasure is right. what is wrong feels wrong/causes pain, etc." we then develop, twist, and find the exceptions to it based on "one's freedoms end where another's begins"

exactly what the religous do.
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
4 years ago#26
Forte89 posted...
exactly what the religous do.

Why is that bad? And do you have anything to say in response to my last post, or no?
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. treat others as you want to be treated is the most accurate basis for morality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived