This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at common apologetics about Hell.

#101dkcprjePosted 2/8/2013 7:08:49 PM
But unless you have access to all available information

If I ever create my own universe and have the power to do anything, it doesn't matter what my underlings do or do not know, I will hold myself responsible for one of their young having botflies growing in them as they die from famine.
---
"...says the guy who thinks a woman consents if she doesn't scream." "In that context, yes. It was consent. Get over it." - Numba1linesmen
#102countzanderPosted 2/8/2013 7:32:15 PM
dkcprje posted...
But unless you have access to all available information

If I ever create my own universe and have the power to do anything, it doesn't matter what my underlings do or do not know, I will hold myself responsible for one of their young having botflies growing in them as they die from famine.

Except, your post was made in ignorance. You don't know what you would do because when you typed your post, you had a severely limited amount of information.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k1nGh.jpg
#103dkcprjePosted 2/8/2013 7:44:44 PM
You don't know what you would do because when you typed your post, you had a severely limited amount of information.

That makes no damn sense. I just told you what I'd do if I created my own universe and had the power to do anything with it. A limited amount of information about what? I'M GOD. lol
---
"...says the guy who thinks a woman consents if she doesn't scream." "In that context, yes. It was consent. Get over it." - Numba1linesmen
#104countzanderPosted 2/8/2013 8:02:19 PM
dkcprje posted...
You don't know what you would do because when you typed your post, you had a severely limited amount of information.

That makes no damn sense. I just told you what I'd do if I created my own universe and had the power to do anything with it. A limited amount of information about what? I'M GOD. lol

It makes perfect sense. Having never been omniscience, you have no basis for your assertion.
---
#105dkcprjePosted 2/8/2013 8:21:40 PM
I have no basis for my assertion that I'd build a universe how I want to build a universe if I could build a universe.

Are you telling me God is limited or something?
---
#106countzanderPosted 2/8/2013 8:26:14 PM
No, go back to CE.
---
#107fudrickPosted 2/8/2013 8:30:05 PM
I do not like this dkcprje
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#108dkcprjePosted 2/8/2013 9:59:09 PM
Make me go back to CE. Your assertion that I'm deprived of knowledge when God is essentially a kid on a playground sandbox is ridiculously stupid. "That kid doesn't know enough about his universe to treat his creations the way in which he'd like to treat them"? Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.
---
#109countzanderPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:21 PM
dkcprje posted...
Make me go back to CE. Your assertion that I'm deprived of knowledge when God is essentially a kid on a playground sandbox is ridiculously stupid. "That kid doesn't know enough about his universe to treat his creations the way in which he'd like to treat them"? Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

Yes, that's right: dumb. You don't know enough about anything to make that assertion. You don't have an omniscient perspective, so you lack the means to justifiably condemn God's actions.
---
#110dkcprjePosted 2/8/2013 10:24:53 PM
Yeah, and we definitely don't worry about the imagination of the child as it whispers, "Now, here's a mommy and a baby... And a rabid dog! Whoops! Baby lost a leg! I didn't want that, that's sooo sad! Oh, well."

There is nothing I'm missing from an omniscient perspective that deprives me of my ability to criticize an omnipotent character. Really nothing. That's not an assertion. That's demonstrable.
---