This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at common apologetics about Hell.

#41ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 7:48:33 PM
I never said that it's solely based on knowing Jesus, though. It's based on what we do know in general. You already know the way I approach the Bible - as a framework. You know your part. In other words, you're held accountable for what you know.

This is precisely why God won't do rampant miracles until people first provide evidence (through actions) that they want miracles. He doesn't want to send people to Hell. People doubt anything these days, including the existence of other minds. In which case, demonstrating clear indications of the son of God or God's power would condemn anyone who comes to know God and reject him anyway.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#42fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:27 PM
Proudclad posted...
How am I a vile human being? Address what I said. Not what you think I said.

I have nothing to say in response to the rest of your post. I find you to be a vile human being because you believe that any non-christian/unsaved person is an "arrogant individual" who "chooses his destination by disregarding what he knows and by living a bad life." I thought that was pretty obvious.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#43ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 7:59:05 PM
I didn't even say anything of the sort, fudrick. If you read the rest of my post you'd see that I DON'T believe that. Epic fail.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#44ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 7:59:38 PM
In fact, if you don't read the rest of my posts and provide an explicit apology, I'm just gonna ignore your posts from now on because I'd rather conclude you're trolling rather than serious.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#45fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 8:01:09 PM
Alright then. Who, specifically, do you believe goes to hell?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#46ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:02:04 PM
Why don't you read my posts?
---
chaoscoalition.net
#47DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:03:11 PM
I never said that it's solely based on knowing Jesus, though. It's based on what we do know in general. You already know the way I approach the Bible - as a framework. You know your part. In other words, you're held accountable for what you know.

This is precisely why God won't do rampant miracles until people first provide evidence (through actions) that they want miracles. He doesn't want to send people to Hell. People doubt anything these days, including the existence of other minds. In which case, demonstrating clear indications of the son of God or God's power would condemn anyone who comes to know God and reject him anyway.

But I don't know that if I approached it again, I'd find proof (as described in those John chapters). Anytime I quit, it could have been just around the corner.

Also, why does God resort to Hell to those who reject him? Why not continue living on Earth? the people on Earth will inevitably find that they need God, if he really is a good God worth worshiping, and then God can bring them to the kingdom. As I said, on the timeline of eternity we have an infinite amount of time to find God's love. I would call it statistically inevitable, assuming he really does have unrelentless love for us. really, the now or never mentality seems like a product of a mind who's never existed outside of a finite life, but that's just speculation.

Of course, he still allowed miracles in time of Acts. Are we to presume every single witness was saved? We know people were saved as high as increments of 3000 , but of how many more people remained?

I mean, the parable of the hay indicates he's not trying to tiptoe around the issue. the people who would reject him he wants to get rid of.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#48fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 8:03:22 PM
All that you've said is that hell is a choice.
---
Best FCs:
#49fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 8:03:45 PM
By the way, you've already ignored my post here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/65255792
---
Best FCs:
#50ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:07:30 PM
I don't know anything about your personal life and efforts. All I know is that you quit. That's it.

God resorts to hell because that's where those people will choose to go - somewhere separate from God, out of bitterness and rage and hatred. Ever read Narnia? The timeline of eternity would not be enough to change someone's rejection - they ultimately have to choose to accept or reject what they know, however little they might know. If they have to choose eventually, a finite time period makes sense. He allowed miracles in Acts because they strengthened people during times of persecution, they were necessary to uphold the teaching, and people lived in a fashion that would warrant God's presence amongst them. God doesn't dwell in vessels that quit or live in perpetually sin.

No one is judged for what they don't know. Rejecting something you know because you prefer Satan or the dark world...identifies you with those things. You partake in their fate because you are a part of them. Is that God's fault or your fault? (I'm speaking in general right now)
---
chaoscoalition.net