This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at common apologetics about Hell.

#51ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:09:03 PM
fudrick posted...
By the way, you've already ignored my post here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/65255792

Don't be so narcissistic to think I ignored your post there - I've been busy and I haven't posted here at all besides to preserve the topic since there is a lot to say. Also, you're in no position to speak about ignoring posts.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#52fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 8:21:33 PM
So are you saying that you believe that only someone who actually believes in god and believes that Jesus died for humanity's sins, but for some reason rejects god, will be sent to hell?

Proudclad posted...
Don't be so narcissistic to think I ignored your post there - I've been busy and I haven't posted here at all besides to preserve the topic since there is a lot to say.

It's not narcissism, you actually haven't responded to my post. I was just pointing that out in response to your threat of ignoring my posts in the future. You've certainly had enough time to post elsewhere.

Proudclad posted...
Also, you're in no position to speak about ignoring posts.

What do you mean?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#53ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:23:56 PM
posting elsewhere does not mean that i am in a position to prepare a response for a topic on this board. CE is nothing compared to this board.

i'm saying that someone who chooses to live an evil life, or someone who rejects god, or someone who ignores something they know about god in favor of living a dark life, will be held accountable for these things. thankfully, i'm not the judge.

there are some principles that can be of use - god is merciful, god is just, god judges fairly, god desires all people to be with him, and god is the ultimate judge. i relieve myself of the responsibility of commenting on who specifically goes to hell. the scale isn't in my hand
---
chaoscoalition.net
#54LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 8:25:27 PM
Is that God's fault or your fault?

Well, if you want to get technical, I'd still blame God.
---
The above is both true and false.
#55ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:29:03 PM
LunarAmbience posted...
Is that God's fault or your fault?

Well, if you want to get technical, I'd still blame God.

That doesn't make it God's fault. Point fingers all you want.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#56DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:33:07 PM(edited)
I don't know anything about your personal life and efforts. All I know is that you quit. That's it.

God resorts to hell because that's where those people will choose to go - somewhere separate from God, out of bitterness and rage and hatred. Ever read Narnia? The timeline of eternity would not be enough to change someone's rejection - they ultimately have to choose to accept or reject what they know, however little they might know. If they have to choose eventually, a finite time period makes sense. He allowed miracles in Acts because they strengthened people during times of persecution, they were necessary to uphold the teaching, and people lived in a fashion that would warrant God's presence amongst them. God doesn't dwell in vessels that quit or live in perpetually sin.

No one is judged for what they don't know. Rejecting something you know because you prefer Satan or the dark world...identifies you with those things. You partake in their fate because you are a part of them. Is that God's fault or your fault? (I'm speaking in general right now)

point being on my efforts? this has zero to do with anything. I could have legitimately tried as hard as possible, quit, and you could still say a sign was just around the corner.

And if they had a 3way choice of back to Earth, Hell, and God, who all would pick Hell?

Narnia is not the Bible and has 0 impact on this discussion, unless you're going to give me a logical reason why won't some won't inevitably change their mind. the rest of your point is built on the axiom that eternity is not enough.

Of course, this all assumes annihilationism isn't correct and we spend eternity in Hell. In which case why does God insist they stay alive, separated in agony eternally? Why not just annihilate them? If annihilationism is correct, then you need to answer my criticisms on that.

on Acts, then shouldn't God be shaking up the secret Church in the Middle East right about now?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#57fudrickPosted 2/4/2013 8:31:24 PM
fudrick posted...
Proudclad posted...
Also, you're in no position to speak about ignoring posts.

What do you mean?

---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#58LunarAmbiencePosted 2/4/2013 8:33:56 PM
Not that I don't appreciate the whole, "You chose to go to Hell, it's not God's fault for the Tree or the Serpent or for Satan or for Hell or for not absolving these at any time after they were created," but God kinda knew that giving individuals choice was going to lead to more bad decisions that the initial good ones if he'd deprived them of the choice of evil.

And we're not even talking about individuals with true free will. There is no such thing as true free will. I don't have the capacity to walk into a stranger's home and choose to smother their infant. A mentally ill person does.

And we're not even getting into the sheer dumbassery which is "choosing to believe" in God.
---
The above is both true and false.
#59DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:34:46 PM
posting elsewhere does not mean that i am in a position to prepare a response for a topic on this board. CE is nothing compared to this board.

i'm saying that someone who chooses to live an evil life, or someone who rejects god, or someone who ignores something they know about god in favor of living a dark life, will be held accountable for these things. thankfully, i'm not the judge.

there are some principles that can be of use - god is merciful, god is just, god judges fairly, god desires all people to be with him, and god is the ultimate judge. i relieve myself of the responsibility of commenting on who specifically goes to hell. the scale isn't in my hand

then why are you speculatiing on who goes to Hell?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#60ProudcladPosted 2/4/2013 8:35:04 PM
earth won't be around anymore, everything here perishes. narnia is not the bible but it has theological truth to it. the reason they won't change their mind is because they'll have rejected the truth when there was a chance to accept the truth.

i don't believe that annihilationism is correct. i imagine god isn't the one insisting that they stay alive. it'll probably be their regret keeping them alive. or their pride keeping them from admitting the truth. if we look at revelations, we'll see that people will continue to avoid confessing the truth for the longest time (until they confess it later on)

ultimately, the theology of hell takes a backseat to first affirming god's existence. hell's existence doesn't invalidate god's existence. it would merely make you upset with god. and as far as the middle east, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence of impossible things taking place in the middle east. revelations, healings, etc.
---
chaoscoalition.net