This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So banning God from school allows things like Clumbine and Newtown...

#11LastManStandingPosted 2/5/2013 12:24:07 PM
Awesome post, thanks for sharing. Father is right, the moment God is secluded void is filled by Satan.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#12Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/5/2013 12:28:46 PM(edited)
If any of that crap was true there would be an obvious difference in crime statistics in intensely Christian countries from non-Christian countries in favor of the former. Instead, many non-Christian countries (like western Europe) have lower crime rates than the much more Christian United States.
#13OzymandiasIV(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:33:46 PM(edited)
From: LastManStanding | Posted: 2/5/2013 2:24:07 PM | #011
Awesome post, thanks for sharing. Father is right, the moment God is secluded void is filled by Satan.

You failed to read my comments on the speech, I see.

From: hamsandwich3141 | Posted: 2/5/2013 2:14:33 PM | #010
I'm actually fairly impressed by the use of consistent meter.

It did have consistent meter, but it's not very impressive when the meter is 8 and 6 syllables every other line (except for one line near the middle, where what should have been 8 syllables to remain wholly consistent was only 7). So he did a good job at constructing what is possibly the simplest structure I've ever seen, even though he still managed to flub one line. The content is bland, on the nose, and saccharine (or begging/forcing sympathy).
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#14zero8691Posted 2/5/2013 1:51:51 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
This was from a Facebook post I saw floating around:

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER!!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.
They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.
"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.
"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent
I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

Well, As a christian I dont believe that's why we had school shootings, And I'm willing to bet that 99% percent of the christians who believe that Lack of god in school caused the shooting are republicans, specifically Right wing Christians! Also as a Christian I think they happened because of mental issues, Bullying, Lonelyness and such.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#15SilviiroPosted 2/5/2013 4:53:00 PM
Honestly I've given up on seeing anything intelligent on Facebook outside of one friend and George Takei. I still read it, but I don't even bother replying to this kind of stuff anymore.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#16OzymandiasIV(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:17:14 PM
Honestly I've given up on seeing anything intelligent on Facebook outside of one friend and George Takei.

Haha! I subscribe to Takei, too. And to deGrasse Tyson.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#17JonWood007Posted 2/5/2013 8:23:22 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/thefacebookdelusion

For lulz from theists on FB.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#18Heineken14Posted 2/5/2013 10:41:00 PM(edited)
he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!

Um...you don't have to, because no such law EVER existed. I swear, I don't get what people like this are complaining about. You can pray in school. If anyone ever stopped - not that you can really stop someone from praying, since you can do it simply by thinking, really - they would be breaking the law, not you.

They're pissed because, sure THEY can pray on their own, but they can't force YOU to pray along with them. Just like Jesus wanted. I think that was in Chapter 3, right after the robots.
---
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
#19bratt100Posted 2/5/2013 11:15:40 PM
Heineken14 posted...
he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!

Um...you don't have to, because no such law EVER existed. I swear, I don't get what people like this are complaining about. You can pray in school. If anyone ever stopped - not that you can really stop someone from praying, since you can do it simply by thinking, really - they would be breaking the law, not you.

They're pissed because, sure THEY can pray on their own, but they can't force YOU to pray along with them. Just like Jesus wanted. I think that was in Chapter 3, right after the robots.

And batman he's batman too.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#20AdmiralBisonPosted 2/6/2013 1:59:54 AM
I don't think it's really just about this false idea going around that Christians can't pray in school, I thinks it's the growing secularism in general public society that drives the fear for many Christians.
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?