This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So banning God from school allows things like Clumbine and Newtown...

#51Magyar15Posted 2/6/2013 3:56:56 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Magyar15 posted...
Its if the government puts it up, rather than an individual.

Do you not think a judge in his courtroom is a representative of the government? What he says in there has is equivalent to the government saying it?

Id say it depends on whether he is presiding over a case or not.
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#52fudrickPosted 2/6/2013 3:58:23 PM
fudrick posted...
Magyar15 posted...
Don't be dumb. Its if the government puts it up, rather than an individual.

Please explain to me how that monument is not a case of "the government puts it up"

---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#53Magyar15Posted 2/6/2013 4:03:13 PM
fudrick posted...
fudrick posted...
Magyar15 posted...

Please explain to me how that monument is not a case of "the government puts it up"

I felt that I answered it with my response to kozlo. But ok. Here goes

The judge=/ the government, especially not on his own time. While presiding over a case, he represents the government, but say if he put it up before work, it would be in his position as an individual
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#54kozlo100Posted 2/6/2013 4:04:16 PM
Magyar15 posted...
Id say it depends on whether he is presiding over a case or not.

Do you think the government ought to have control over what is and is not allowed in its courtrooms?

It just seems strange to me that you do not seem consider a government representative making choices about the space in which government action is carried out as representing the government.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#55fudrickPosted 2/6/2013 4:05:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56fudrickPosted 2/6/2013 4:05:18 PM
Magyar15 posted...
The judge=/ the government

???

Magyar15 posted...
but say if he put it up before work, it would be in his position as an individual

You think he just carried in a 5,000 pound stone before work all on his own, as an individual? Ok
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#57Magyar15Posted 2/6/2013 4:07:38 PM
fudrick posted...
Magyar15 posted...
The judge=/ the government

???

Magyar15 posted...
but say if he put it up before work, it would be in his position as an individual

You think he just carried in a 5,000 pound stone before work all on his own, as an individual? Ok

He has friends. Presumably
---
#58fudrickPosted 2/6/2013 4:11:29 PM
Ok, you're just being ridiculous now
---
Best FCs:
#59Magyar15Posted 2/6/2013 4:17:07 PM
Ask a stupid question...
---
#60hunter_gohanPosted 2/6/2013 4:17:32 PM
Magyar15 posted...

But who would be making this decision in the state government? Individuals. Just like that Judge.

The judge=/ the government, especially not on his own time.

On his own time he's not allowed to say what to put up in courthouses. Can you do that? Can I? No because we aren't representatives of the government working in that courthouse.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.