This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Terror and God.

#1SCAMaz0nPosted 2/5/2013 1:49:31 AM(edited)
This is a topic about how I feel about Old Testament god & his religion of Christianity

I want to warn you, if you are not a mature adult that cant have an honest discussion about one persons (mine) attitude toward a religion, LEAVE this TOPIC now

My personal beliefs and experiences in the flesh, on the receiving end of your lovely little religion, should it throw off your high-minded view of your religion which is above any criticism should not result in you marking this topic as offensive

Again, if you are not hear to discuss and only to shamelessly mark a topic because you can't have a MATURE, adult conversation then Leave This Topic Now and do not continue to read

I was brought up in a very rigid Xtian household. One parent constantly used the threat of violence, delivered with smacks upside the head & beatings on the buttocks at random, trivial moments without any warning at times, as a way of enforcing their supposed belief of a Christian childs upbringing.

This constant threat of persecution, of being assaulted and battered by a parent (that's supposed to love me? REALLY?) has gripped me with PTSD and Depression my adult life. I hate my parent for doing this. I'm seriously considering a lawsuit that will publicly put this on the Internet and completely shun them (I'm hoping) in their community for this AGGRESSIVE AND HATEFUL attitude toward me as a child.

What other way can I strike back, to prosecute the assaulter and batterer of a 5yo child that willfully obeyed their parent but got their teeth and head knocked in EVERY DAMN TIME i barely did anything that even SLIGHTLY annoyed the parent in question. A parent, who might I had, said they had quote "Never done anything wrong in their life". RIGHT

But my question isn't about them. It's about how such a loving, send-down-Jesus-to-excuse-your-sins God can be the same God that terrorized roughly 20 million people with floods, random executions, pillars of salt, plagues upon the Earth, a personal bet with Satan (WTF??) etc, etc. for about 2000 years of pre-Jesus history?

How can this ridiculous, malicious SATAN of a GOD turn around after 2000 years and say "OK. I was wrong. Here's the Savior" after his recorded wickedness toward the inhabitants of an ENTIRE PLANET and the apparently only planet populated by his children (notice the irony and the connection with my abusive and malicious parent...this is not so implied but stated)?

I'm wondering also how this Jesus person who other than knocking over a table with money (the money changers scene from Mat, Mark, Luk and John) never committed a violent act in his life also has it in for homosexuals and other people "who don't beleive upon me". WAIT. What kind of beleiving upon him do I have to do? Several version of the Bible say I'm doing it wrong and depending on THEIR version of the bible and THEIR Baptism process and THEIR belief system, I cannot be saved.

So down, down down to Hell goes all the bad wheat that is not loved enough by Jesus (totally ignoring John 3:16 and His promise) because they didn't follow all the ridiculously complex and contrived rules of the Bible all of which seem to change depending on the denomination and which pastor/preacher is in that church.

Can anyone see why I'm so upset yet? That I go about trying to be a good Christian but I'm assaulted and battered for who I am, not who I'm believing in? (the Xtian persection meme at work)

Can anyone not see the irony of this blanket statement John 3:16 and the supreme backing up against that statement in Acts, Romans, Peter 1, etc, etc. to make the entire thing worthless and A LIE?

Will some Christian please now set me straight on these matters? I'm not at all confused. I'm angry about the promise. It's obviously a false promise. I don't like people who lie to me. Or abuse me and promise to stop once I "respect them".
#2LunarAmbiencePosted 2/5/2013 1:28:04 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDevd7O2fq8

I'm reading, though.
---
The above is both true and false.
#3fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 1:39:21 AM
The way you post is really annoying
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#4SCAMaz0n(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:40:03 AM
And right on back to my parent, they promise not to hurt if I do what they say but their definition of 'doing what I say' changes daily based on their mood and the weather and if they had their coffee at the appropriate hour and how many times I said "thank you for disciplining me" after they beat me and I was supposed to show appreciation for it!!!
---
DefeatBachmann2014.com & DefeatSteveKing2014.com. Delicious GOP tears: http://tinyurl.com/bq6b2qr
85% of statistics are made up, are you part of the 15%?
#5fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 1:42:07 AM
I'll post here if I choose to, thanks
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#6SCAMaz0n(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:50:18 AM
If you have nothing to add to a conversation, that is harrassment.
---
DefeatBachmann2014.com & DefeatSteveKing2014.com. Delicious GOP tears: http://tinyurl.com/bq6b2qr
#7fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 1:56:41 AM
All I can add is that if you want to be a christian, you should probably pay attention to the bible and not a bunch of ignorant pastors.

And that your posting style is very annoying.
---
Best FCs:
#8almasbabyPosted 2/5/2013 2:11:52 AM
Why would you want somebody to straighten you out on what you're so sure of? If your reading of scripture has imprinted on your mind that God is a malicious tyrant, then that's what you believe. Why would anybody care to change that? Why would you want us to?
#9SCAMaz0n(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:23:11 AM
fudrick posted...
All I can add is that if you want to be a christian, you should probably pay attention to the bible and not a bunch of ignorant pastors.

And that your posting style is very annoying.

Whatever.
---
#10fudrickPosted 2/5/2013 2:30:38 AM
Seriously though, everyone knows that the majority of theology taught in most churches contradicts what the bible actually says
---
Best FCs: