This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"How to Talk to an Atheist about Christianity." A really good article.

#61UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:19:55 PM
I'll do what I've tried to do since I got here, have a discussion.

But it's very difficult to do that on this board when the extent of a lot of users arguments is just insulting whoever they are talking to while saying nothing.
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#62fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 5:21:40 PM
UnfairRepresent posted...
Intentionally misquoting someone is against the TOU. I'd suggest you don't do it.

Your username isn't "UnfairRepresent should have" is it? I didn't misquote you.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#63fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 5:23:58 PM

But it's very difficult to do that on this board when the extent of a lot of users arguments is just insulting whoever they are talking to while saying nothing.

You realize that kozlo and I are both atheists, don't you? What reason would we have for disputing what you're saying here?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#64UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:31:24 PM
fudrick posted...

You realize that kozlo and I are both atheists, don't you? What reason would we have for disputing what you're saying here?

You're assuming atheists can't be childish and must be intellectual and productive?

Atheists can be immense idiots. All atheism means is rejecting God.

Don't judge entire groups like that, it's stupid.
---
#65fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 5:34:36 PM
You're assuming atheists can't be childish and must be intellectual and productive?

What? Literally almost everything you post is basically a non sequitur response...
---
Best FCs:
#66JonWood007Posted 2/7/2013 5:39:44 PM(edited)
almasbaby posted...
11) Understand that atheists have no respect for intuition which faith is based on, nor do they seem to possess any capacity for sensing the divine or for comprehending that your faith is the pathway to it. So, you're probably wasting your time trying to convert one. You might as well talk to a wall. Or, as Jesus said, "Don't cast pearls before swine". All they do is trample them.

Zomg someone generalizing atheists! We must nitpick this post to death!

Also, to be fair, in Jonestown many were forced to drink the poison at gunpoint.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#67UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:39:28 PM
fudrick posted...

What? Literally almost everything you post is basically a non sequitur response...

You're assuming that you can't be considered liars and time-wasters who add little and say even less because we're all atheists.

Which is stupid. I don't care if you're atheist, Christian or believe in the damn Elder Gods, what matters is what you say.

And in this case I don't see how "they were willing to die for their beliefs!" is anything but a negative NOR how the disciples are any different to Heaven's Gate or suicide bombers aside from obvious of hurting innocents
---
#68fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 5:50:18 PM
You're assuming that you can't be considered liars and time-wasters who add little and say even less because we're all atheists.

Where the f*** did I say anything like this?
---
Best FCs:
#69UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:55:57 PM
fudrick posted...

Where the f*** did I say anything like this?

---
#70fudrickPosted 2/7/2013 5:58:01 PM

Alright, step two: how the f*** is that anything like "You're assuming that you can't be considered liars and time-wasters who add little and say even less because we're all atheists."?
---
Best FCs: