This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Angstheist" is an ugly, ill-conceived word.

#211JonWood007Posted 2/10/2013 4:18:36 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
And that same assish behavior you are describing having been subject to yourself is also NOT compulsory in the Christian. And it is absent in a great many.

People who treat people poorly will use their religion or their non-religious philosophy to justify treating people poorly. This isn't required of atheists OR Christians. Or anyone.

Christians, like other humans, are free to think for themselves. Some of them may be harassed by Christians who do not like people thinking for themselves, just like you or I may be harassed by atheists who imagine we are not anti-religion enough to be "real" atheists.

But this doesn't make either group of harrassers the "real" Christian or atheist.

While people are people and jerks are jerks, I still stand by the idea that Christianity is more subject to legitimate enforcement because there are more doctrines than you would find in atheism. You seem to be conflating informal enforcement with a more legitimate enforcement of shared doctrines. People can be jerks and pull no scotsman on you regardless of your religious affiliation or lack thereof, but honestly, disliking religion is not a requirement of atheism in the same way following what the Bible says, at least to a degree, is a requirement of Christianity. After all, if you ignore everything in the Bible and its doctrines, you really don't have much to call yourself a Christian. I guess you could be a Christian loosely if you have someone who accepts Jesus as their savior while ignoring everything else, but at the same time, Jesus said if you love him you follow his commands, which requires some level of accepting the Bible.

Not only that, but let's talk about what you're doing with me. I'm not really thrilled about your attempts of "enforcement" on me, and calling me out over very minor issues in my posts, like me using a single word wrong in a 2000 character post.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#212PhoroPosted 2/10/2013 4:27:32 PM
I think you all need to chill out and hit this joint.
Come on, let's sit in a circle and share a laugh.
Does anyone have a bongo?
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#213Hustle KongPosted 2/10/2013 4:33:15 PM
Not only that, but let's talk about what you're doing with me. I'm not really thrilled about your attempts of "enforcement" on me, and calling me out over very minor issues in my posts, like me using a single word wrong in a 2000 character post.

You don't have to be thrilled about it.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#214PatriotwolfPosted 2/13/2013 10:49:04 AM
fudrick posted...
Patriotwolf posted...
With people like the TC, as well as others, it is painfully obvious. Emotional and psychological reasons play a part just as much as "logic and reason".

"Logical thought processes" would be classified as psychological reasons. You often say that something is "psychological" in nature, in an apparent attempt to discredit it, but the fact is that anything that involves thought is really psychological in nature.

Don't be posh, I'm sure you know what i'm getting at.
---
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush
#215AynRandySavagePosted 2/15/2013 8:32:42 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I only use hubris when I'm dealing with someone acting like a child. Like I said, you've been acting very immature. I don't normally act this way..

Good, now try to never act that way.
#216FingerpuppetPosted 2/16/2013 10:15:18 PM
AynRandySavage posted...
Faust_8 posted...
I only use hubris when I'm dealing with someone acting like a child. Like I said, you've been acting very immature. I don't normally act this way..

Good, now try to never act that way.

Still selecting convenient arguments while ignoring the rest of the post and using it to be condescending, eh?

Don't change, friend. Don't change.
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.