This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glory to God in the highest!!! Saved us from possible dangerous sickness.

#101DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 9:46:31 PM
I got so so so so so so many examples.

Uh, you're not naming any.

"I know it is hard, but you giving God a chance."

its not hard. Im doing it right now. God could come down and say "Nick, follow me" and I would immediately follow him. He has a nonstop chance, honestly. Ask him why he's not taking advantage of it.

" Remember faith is love based, and look at the feeling of love, what is that love. It cannot be coerced. It has to come free."

Okay.

"If you are sitting there in that atheistic straight jacket, it is very hard for love to exist. "

I'm unconvinced that he's real. I'm not convinced he isn't. but yeah, atheistic straight jacket. that was loving.

"You are shutting down all the channels, your repentance is a pure miracle."

I haven't shut down the channels. Still read my Bible occasionally, still go to Church.

" But graces will come, and your free will, will come to play. Accept or reject."

I'll accept. Just haven't gotten any graces yet. Oh yeah, we already debunked free will. You just called it heresy without any defense. If that video is wrong then you need or God needs to prove the bible is real. Waiting.

"From the testimony after you got the message to go to church, which Church did you go to?"

a Baptist Church, as well as Louie Giglio's Church at night. I've taken the Eucharist multiple times btw. Before hand really trying to check my heart and make sure I know my salvation. leaving my sins at the Cross. Approaching the alter and praying. etc.

regardless, I wager 'i went to the wrong Church'. already offered to go to a Catholic Church if you finish the video. I'll go twice if you visit a mosque. 3 times if you read the God Delusion. surely these inconveinces, these temptations that will lead to the sharpening of your faith, are worth suffering if it means getting someone to consider Catholicism.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#102DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 9:49:13 PM
I will give you the name. Israel Zolli
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Zolli
He has a book
Before the Dawn: Autobiographical Reflections by Eugenio Zolli, Former Chief Rabbi of Rome

You know how Jews are proud of their religion. But here you have Rabbi of Rome. That should make you think, you can read his autobiography or you will not. This is where free will comes in.

didn't that video show how this exact example is an illusion? remember?

Also, no, I don't. I don't know how Jews are proud of their religion.

You've given me 3 books to read but won't finish watching a fifteen minute video. Can you see why I don't give a ****?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#103LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:56:25 PM(edited)
I watched most of the video out of free will when you said you lost faith because of it.
I told you the truth where I stopped.
And I tell you brother, he should have not influenced you.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#104LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:59:36 PM
The point about the video after I watched most of it, that you made about me watching the rest of it, and you will go to Church once. I will ask Christ this week. I will let you know by Monday what the Lord said.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#105bratt100Posted 2/14/2013 9:59:38 PM
And in many cases the people leaving religion have the same hurdles and find that they are alone when there families kick them out and stop talking with them.

Now what you just described about being spoon fed faith is the exact thing a cult member would say and that is exactly how you brain wash a person. You don't even seem to have the ability to question those beliefs, it's as if that ability (everyone has it) has been stripped from you and you have no desire to get it back...to be rational again.

I could point to the similarities Jesus has with many people pre-dating him as they where all common at the time but it would be pointless as you seem to put on blinders when it's your own beliefs but are critical when it's anyone else. Word of advice, be critical of everything, your own beliefs also.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#106LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:03:54 PM
bratt100 posted...
And in many cases the people leaving religion have the same hurdles and find that they are alone when there families kick them out and stop talking with them.

Now what you just described about being spoon fed faith is the exact thing a cult member would say and that is exactly how you brain wash a person. You don't even seem to have the ability to question those beliefs, it's as if that ability (everyone has it) has been stripped from you and you have no desire to get it back...to be rational again.

I could point to the similarities Jesus has with many people pre-dating him as they where all common at the time but it would be pointless as you seem to put on blinders when it's your own beliefs but are critical when it's anyone else. Word of advice, be critical of everything, your own beliefs also.

Although Catholicism was spoon fed to me, I felt in deep sin. Very deep. Only grace of God got me out, I understand where I was and where I am, and I am so thankful to my Lord, who did not forsaken me.
---
#107bratt100Posted 2/14/2013 10:13:57 PM(edited)
LastManStanding posted...
The point about the video after I watched most of it, that you made about me watching the rest of it, and you will go to Church once. I will ask Christ this week. I will let you know by Monday what the Lord said.

Because you have that channel to god. That's all I needed was real proof that you aren't crazy, thank you so much for opening my eyes to the eternal glory of god. This well not be forgotten and in his honor I well split all the babies of the world in two and give a half to each parent. This way there well be twice as much love to give and receive.

JESUS BE PRAISED from the hilltops and deep in your loving heart. Jesus is god and god is god and we are of god so we are jesus.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#108LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:09:51 PM
Although I was never in your situation, I know you suffer deeply. I don't know what struggles you go in your mind, or what you wrestle against. But I know it is a battle.
---
#109LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:12:03 PM
Christ died for every person: all atheists, Hindu, Buddhist, Jews... Every single person. But He will not force himself onto your life, you have to invite Him in. There is your free will.
---
#110bratt100Posted 2/14/2013 10:14:51 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Although I was never in your situation, I know you suffer deeply. I don't know what struggles you go in your mind, or what you wrestle against. But I know it is a battle.

I don't know if you refer to him or me but if it is to me I would be happy to tell you.
---