This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glory to God in the highest!!! Saved us from possible dangerous sickness.

#111LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:19:05 PM
bratt100 posted...
LastManStanding posted...
Although I was never in your situation, I know you suffer deeply. I don't know what struggles you go in your mind, or what you wrestle against. But I know it is a battle.

I don't know if you refer to him or me but if it is to me I would be happy to tell you.

Sure tell me.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#112LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:30:11 PM
Pope on Ash Wednesday: It is never too late to return to God
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#113bratt100Posted 2/14/2013 9:56:21 PM(edited)
Sure, its a long one.

I Was diagnosed with ADD when I was 11-12 and they put me on medication, ritalin to be exact at the same time my mothers boyfriend moved and and he was quite abusive to both myself and my 3 older sisters. We lived in poverty for a long time and in time the Ritalin started to effect me in bad ways (suicidal thoughts/violent tendencies ect) so they put me on dexedrine, on dex I stopped sleeping regular hours and ended up with even more depression...they then bounced me around on meds, anti-depressants/sleeping pills other ADD meds.

When I was 16 I stopped taking all of them, I found the strength in myself to do this and taking yourself off anti-depressants and amphetamines at the same time is pretty unbearable but I did it. I then found out that I was dyslexic/dysgraphic, finally I thought an answer to why I was having so many issues with school. I'm technically considered gifted but my writing tells you otherwise yet my test scores where exceptional.

And yet I struggled it couldn't have just been dyslexia or ADD, so I went back to the doctor and it seems I may be manic at times...on top of everything else. I'm also suicidal and the other day I broke down to my wife telling her that I see me killing myself as a certainty and I asked her why I can't just believe in god...it would be so much easier and that I would believe and have the strength to get through it if I knew there was a god who loved me. But that would be intellectually dishonest.

I wish I could believe and I wish god where real so I could ask him why he felt I needed so many mental issues.

I have legitimate reason for my non belief but it all comes down to god not being good and not wanting the best for me and not giving me the tools to just be happy.

edit:this is all leaving out current addictions.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#114LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:18:33 PM
bratt100 posted...
Sure, its a long one.

I Was diagnosed with ADD when I was 11-12 and they put me on medication, ritalin to be exact at the same time my mothers boyfriend moved and and he was quite abusive to both myself and my 3 older sisters. We lived in poverty for a long time and in time the Ritalin started to effect me in bad ways (suicidal thoughts/violent tendencies ect) so they put me on dexedrine, on dex I stopped sleeping regular hours and ended up with even more depression...they then bounced me around on meds, anti-depressants/sleeping pills other ADD meds.

When I was 16 I stopped taking all of them, I found the strength in myself to do this and taking yourself off anti-depressants and amphetamines at the same time is pretty unbearable but I did it. I then found out that I was dyslexic/dysgraphic, finally I thought an answer to why I was having so many issues with school. I'm technically considered gifted but my writing tells you otherwise yet my test scores where exceptional.

And yet I struggled it couldn't have just been dyslexia or ADD, so I went back to the doctor and it seems I may be manic at times...on top of everything else. I'm also suicidal and the other day I broke down to my wife telling her that I see me killing myself as a certainty and I asked her why I can't just believe in god...it would be so much easier and that I would believe and have the strength to get through it if I knew there was a god who loved me. But that would be intellectually dishonest.

I wish I could believe and I wish god where real so I could ask him why he felt I needed so many mental issues.

I have legitimate reason for my non belief but it all comes down to god not being good and not wanting the best for me and not giving me the tools to just be happy.

edit:this is all leaving out current addictions.

I appreciate you opening up. You suffered a lot. I can tell you something, that maybe will make sense for you. Hope is very important, in faith, because if there is no hope, a person gives up, person feels resigned. What Satan does tries to remove hope, he circulates thoughts you are not good, everything sucks, what is the point, etc... Satan's goal is suicide.
I can tell you that this is not from God, because when Christ was going through His passion all the disciples ran away from, betrayed Him. When He resurrected He did not get on them at all, He called them children.
At this point do you harbor any ill will to anybody, your mother boyfriend, etc?
---
#115LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:34:55 PM
do this bratt100, if you harbor any ill will to anyone. Forgive them, I know it might be hard, very hard, but try to forgive. You will feel whole lot better, because to forgive is an act of love.
In Matthew 11:28 Christ says: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
You can make a little prayer like so:
Jesus Christ, I heard about you, and there is much confusions in the world, people are pulling me in every direction. Everyone says they are right. I don't know what to do.
I know you said: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. These words comfort me. I would like to give you my suffering _________________[list what it is], and you please give me your peace. Please take away my suicidal thoughts. Thank you Christ.
---
#116LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:48:26 PM
Going to sleep, been a pleasure talking to you guys today. God Bless
---
#117FlashOfLightPosted 2/15/2013 12:38:06 AM
bratt100 posted...
when I was 11-12 and they put me on medication, ritalin

And then I'm not supposed to be ticked off at what these people do to children.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#118LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:05:12 PM
DarkContractor I spoke to a priest about your proposition. I am stepping away from what you proposing. If a video like that turn you t an atheist, your faith was already shaken. I hope in Christ one day you will come back to Christ.
You should have talked to a priest, really fight for your faith. You just gave up.
---
#119Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/15/2013 5:11:13 PM
If a video like that turn you t an atheist, your faith was already shaken.

Just as proselytizing is only likely to work on one already interested in converting. Even then, it has to be GOOD proselytizing, not your parody proselytizing.
#120LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:56:19 PM
Lord_Ichmael posted...
If a video like that turn you t an atheist, your faith was already shaken.

Just as proselytizing is only likely to work on one already interested in converting. Even then, it has to be GOOD proselytizing, not your parody proselytizing.

Actually I had a very good discussion today. You are premeditated. Do you come to these discussions in a hope to find God, or you coming already determined that you won't find Him?
---