This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glory to God in the highest!!! Saved us from possible dangerous sickness.

#51Dathrowed1Posted 2/10/2013 1:44:41 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Also look how the mentality of a person changes due to faith.
When I was in high school, the fashion style was baggy jeans. So literally guys and girls, lots of people were wearing this type of clothing. Very unattractive.
Then after I finish with schooling came leggings, and completely different style. I thought that it was very attractive, and I regretted that there was no attractive style when I was in school.
In reality this was a huge grace of God, saving me from a lot of promiscuity, dirty thoughts, etc... Sin against the 6th commandment of the Lord.
So now I am very thankful for baggy jeans style.
Looking back at your life you can see so many different things like that, where God protects you through His love.

I had to laugh
---
sig
#52LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:04:13 PM
FlashOfLight posted...

I was so upset about that fashion, but now I am so happy. I got so obsessed with sex, that if it wasn't for baggy jeans I would probably end up like I cannot even picture. Very scary.

It was quite repulsive, and again that's just me as a red-blooded male speaking.

I call it a good repulsiveness:)
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#53bratt100Posted 2/10/2013 6:35:38 PM
bratt100 posted...
God got me out of so many addictions, oh the Mercy of God, who can picture how great you are. Glory to God

And when you strip away all the magic you find it was just you who did those things and that you had the power to do it all on your own.

Absolutely untrue. You cannot stop anything without the grace of God. I did not go to any programs. Notice how careful people are when they are treated for addiction, and when they do get cured they have to be careful. How many addictions I got cured from: at least 7

What you are doing is taking away the strength that people already have and saying that "no it isn't you all along, you're to weak to do it on your own" it's sad that you have so little "faith" in mankind that you feel that we cant overcome obstacles without a magic sky daddy.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#54ravenomoarPosted 2/10/2013 7:02:55 PM
bratt100 posted...
bratt100 posted...
God got me out of so many addictions, oh the Mercy of God, who can picture how great you are. Glory to God

And when you strip away all the magic you find it was just you who did those things and that you had the power to do it all on your own.

Absolutely untrue. You cannot stop anything without the grace of God. I did not go to any programs. Notice how careful people are when they are treated for addiction, and when they do get cured they have to be careful. How many addictions I got cured from: at least 7

What you are doing is taking away the strength that people already have and saying that "no it isn't you all along, you're to weak to do it on your own" it's sad that you have so little "faith" in mankind that you feel that we cant overcome obstacles without a magic sky daddy.

Its the only way he can justify it. Otherwise he would not need god. He must not have any faith in himself. Let alone mankind.
#55PatriotwolfPosted 2/13/2013 11:51:29 AM
fudrick posted...
Patriotwolf posted...
This has actually been my belief for some time now. I don't believe every good or bad thing that happens is a result of God's action/inaction respectively.

I certainly don't prescribe to the thought that everything happens for a reason. Such a philosophy seems incredibly ridiculous.

I was referring more to the fact that I don't recall many instances of you criticizing things said by other Christians, if any at all.

Not much opportunity too.
---
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush
#56LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:40:33 PM(edited)
ravenomoar look you do everything by grace of God. Problem is that people think is them. When they have strength they think that enables them to do a lot of things. When they are weak they despair and feel hopeless.
So strong person will less likely attribute anything to God.
While a weak person, that recognizes his and her weakness which itself is a grace realizes that only thank to God he/she will accomplish something.
That is where the trust comes in and this can only happen through faith.

Also realize that while you are rich on Earth, God see your soul, which through sin can resemble a leper. Yeah, just because you don't see it, it does not mean is not there.
I hope in Christ this explained something a bit
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#57Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 1:38:55 PM
Hows that Christian parody thing working out for you?

I'm guessing you didn't give up trolling for Lent?
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#58ravenomoarPosted 2/13/2013 1:40:53 PM
ravenomoar look you do everything by grace of God. Problem is that people think is them. When they have strength they think that enables them to do a lot of things. When they are weak they despair and feel hopeless.
While a weak person, that recognizes his and her weakness which itself is a grace realizes that only thank to God he/she will accomplish something.

Also realize that while you are rich on Earth, God see your soul, which through sin can resemble a leper. Yeah, just because you don't see it, it does not mean is not there.

Wrong what I do is dependent on my decisions and how they impact those around me. Everything is a consequence of my actions. The only graces in my life are acts of kindness. There is nothing divine about anything I do. I control my fate not some fairy in the sky.
#59LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:55:36 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Hows that Christian parody thing working out for you?

I'm guessing you didn't give up trolling for Lent?

I feel good because everything I do has a point, and Lord is with me.
Every single thing makes sense, might not understand it but it does. I never thought faith could be like, I wish I knew sooner. But God had a plan for me at this time, and I accept.

There is mortification but that is between me and God.
---
#60LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:59:53 PM
ravenomoar posted...

Wrong what I do is dependent on my decisions and how they impact those around me. Everything is a consequence of my actions. The only graces in my life are acts of kindness. There is nothing divine about anything I do. I control my fate not some fairy in the sky.

By grace of God you are allowed to do what you do. Be thankful for free will. Wait till *your* strength starts failing you, then you will see that God been helping you all along
---