This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glory to God in the highest!!! Saved us from possible dangerous sickness.

#81myzz7Posted 2/14/2013 7:32:32 PM(edited)
Atheism =/= No Free Will

I'm annoyed by this claim and at the evasions made to support such an abominable assertion. Sure there are atheists that can preach that all day, but I am not one of them and God isn't required to observe the fundamental choice of cognitive conceptions.
---
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif
Gilda doesn't give a flying feather about what you think!
#82LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:37:34 PM
Can the poor soul respond in peace? Give him space.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#83DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 8:14:30 PM
DarkContractor posted...
DarkContractor do the reverse, what evidence that there is no free will do you have.
Also if you do not want to spend $10 on a book, that will help you understand lots of matters, yet you say burden of proof, burden of proof... What you expect to happen if you don't listen. Please do it.

you got the burden of proof. its as much my job to demonstrate free will doesn't exist as it is my job to demonstrate the tooth fairy doesn't exist. but since you asked so nicely, here's a video on free will that really dented my faith. someone posted it here on this forum, and I can honestly say I'd probably, not definitely, but probably still be a Christian if they didn't post it. (Yes, I know that user was serving satan and bigfoot and whoever, idc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Xp7mvOcVM

And buy me the book. In fact, quote the evidence. not everyone freely empties their wallet because they magic skyman is going to reimburse them no matter what.

Are you serious, that guy denies free will.
You have consciouness, Holy Spirit inspiration, and temptations, none of the above.
If you are on the God side you follow your conscious as it warns you off sin, listen to Holy Spirit as it pleases The Lord and helps your soul, fight off temptations, and do other stuff. You are free at any point to not listen to any of the above. You keep ignoring your consciouness you will shut it off, obviously you sin, so that silences the Holy Spirit as sin blocks Holy Spirit. If you don't throw away temptations they will over come you. Now you do the will of the devil at that point, that is what is left. Satan keeps telling you things you want to hear. Do you understand? Dismiss the video, not worth it.

"give me evidence for no free will"

"screw it, evidence isn't worth it"

god damn man. burden of proof on the Holy Spirit. prove it. prove it. do. you. get. what. proof. means?

You make the mistake of trying to reason with an unreasonable man. Notice any sort of discussions you try to have with him he blathers nonsense and avoids answering the actual question.

idk why im bothering. boredom i guess. this boards felt slow lately.

Atheism =/= No Free Will

I'm annoyed by this claim and at the evasions made to support such an abominable assertion. Sure there are atheists that can preach that all day, but I am not one of them and God isn't required to observe the fundamental choice of cognitive conceptions.

strawman. I didn't claim atheism did. I just claimed I didn't believe in free will.

I gave my reasons, and you're calling it abominable without any explanation.

Also, the Bible says we have free will. the general concept of God doesn't necessitate free will, but the Biblical God does.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#84DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 8:15:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#85LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:49:30 PM
Each person is responsible for their own soul. I can pray, you get help but you are ultimately deciding out of free will if you want to get saved or not. You keep on wasting graces...
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#86DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 8:56:10 PM
I begged Jesus over and over to come into my life. People told me I had one of the most legitimate testimonies theyve ever read and were simply mindblown at how much change they went through.

I'll make you a deal LMS. Watch the video I posted, and I'll visit a Catholic Church. summarize the points Harris made so I know you watched it, and I'll even post pics of myself at the Church.
---
#87DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 8:56:51 PM
ill go to a Catholic Church 2 times if in addition to that video you visit a mosque. I'll go 3 times if you read the God Delusion.
---
#88LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:05:30 PM
DarkContractor posted...
I begged Jesus over and over to come into my life. People told me I had one of the most legitimate testimonies theyve ever read and were simply mindblown at how much change they went through.

I'll make you a deal LMS. Watch the video I posted, and I'll visit a Catholic Church. summarize the points Harris made so I know you watched it, and I'll even post pics of myself at the Church.

I've watched the video to the point he talks about the two cities. Which is like 5 min left. He does not believe free will exists. He shut down consciousness and Holy Spirit, he is left with the other sides. The audience seems one sided agreeing with him.
About your deals, I will pray for you. I belong to Christ and only Christ in Holy Spirit with God the Father I serve.
---
#89LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:07:40 PM
Share your testimony, I don't think I ever heard it.
Saint Faustyna was I the darkness for about 3 years under going trails. You should read the book Divine Mercy in my Soul, it might give you some light into your situation.
---
#90bratt100Posted 2/14/2013 9:16:27 PM
You ask him to read a book. He says okay but you need to read my book too. You say Jesus is lord and I don't need to read your silly book. You then give him another book to read despite not even attempting his request. You brush it off and continue on your way pissing people off and pushing people even further away from your faith. You have done more harm then good and you see that as a virtue.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.