This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glory to God in the highest!!! Saved us from possible dangerous sickness.

#91LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:19:03 PM
bratt100 posted...
You ask him to read a book. He says okay but you need to read my book too. You say Jesus is lord and I don't need to read your silly book. You then give him another book to read despite not even attempting his request. You brush it off and continue on your way pissing people off and pushing people even further away from your faith. You have done more harm then good and you see that as a virtue.

The other book relates to his situation.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#92LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:23:24 PM
You see I am Polish. My country was baptized, do you know what that means? King of Poland declared Mary Mother of God Queen of Poland. We've won wars, screaming Jesus Mary. So many miracles. Faith has been fed to me as a baby, I cannot, probably will not understand the struggles you are going to.
But remember God from time to time will reach out for you. Will not let you down.
That video I watched is a pure heresy.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#93LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:27:01 PM
Once you get to captivity of Satan, slave to sin (that is set for a reason), it is very very hard to leave. What do you have at your disposal, only grace of God which comes from time to time, to set you free. But yeah your free will, grab God's hand, or not.
---
#94LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:29:36 PM
What I recommend read conversion stories.
I give you a great one, Rabbi of Rome. Think about it, the Rabbi of Rome. During Yom Kipur I think, Christ appear to him, and his family and they converted to Catholicism.
He was a Rabbi of Rome, he had fame, probably money. Sacrificed so much, for Christ.
Just logically, logically think of the situation. Rabbi of Romes risks everything and converts to Catholicism.
THINK, peace.
---
#95DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:54 PM
DarkContractor posted...
I begged Jesus over and over to come into my life. People told me I had one of the most legitimate testimonies theyve ever read and were simply mindblown at how much change they went through.

I'll make you a deal LMS. Watch the video I posted, and I'll visit a Catholic Church. summarize the points Harris made so I know you watched it, and I'll even post pics of myself at the Church.

I've watched the video to the point he talks about the two cities. Which is like 5 min left. He does not believe free will exists. He shut down consciousness and Holy Spirit, he is left with the other sides. The audience seems one sided agreeing with him.
About your deals, I will pray for you. I belong to Christ and only Christ in Holy Spirit with God the Father I serve.

you didn't finish the video. this little argument is pointless until you do so.

my testimony: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/64877135

also, read the bits I posted about anecdotal evidence, and how I have zero reason to believe yours.

You see I am Polish. My country was baptized, do you know what that means? King of Poland declared Mary Mother of God Queen of Poland. We've won wars, screaming Jesus Mary.

So if I yell "Praise Allah" while fighting a war and win, does Allah exists (this has actually happened)

Why would God help you win? Are you supposed to endure persecution, not go kill people. thought that was one of the 10 commandments. maybe not.

"So many miracles. "

you've gotten worse. previously, you would say a miracle happened, and described it, but you wouldn't prove it.

now you just holla that there are miracles and leave it at that.

Faith has been fed to me as a baby,

Isn't faith that thing where you have no proof but believe anyways?

"I cannot, probably will not understand the struggles you are going to. "

Seeing as how I'm not struggling, I don't get how you would.

"But remember God from time to time will reach out for you. Will not let you down."

When he does I will be more than happy to convert.

That video I watched is a pure heresy.

is this appeal to emotion or mudslinging? not sure. well, whatever it is, it's definitely not a counterpoint.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#96LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:32:20 PM
I got so so so so so so many examples. I know it is hard, but you giving God a chance. Remember faith is love based, and look at the feeling of love, what is that love. It cannot be coerced. It has to come free.
If you are sitting there in that atheistic straight jacket, it is very hard for love to exist. You are shutting down all the channels, your repentance is a pure miracle. But graces will come, and your free will, will come to play. Accept or reject.
---
#97LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:36:28 PM
From the testimony after you got the message to go to church, which Church did you go to?
---
#98DarkContractorPosted 2/14/2013 9:37:47 PM
Once you get to captivity of Satan, slave to sin (that is set for a reason), it is very very hard to leave. What do you have at your disposal, only grace of God which comes from time to time, to set you free. But yeah your free will, grab God's hand, or not.

When God comes, I'll believe. So far he hasn't believed.From: LastManStanding | #094
What I recommend read conversion stories.
I give you a great one, Rabbi of Rome. Think about it, the Rabbi of Rome. During Yom Kipur I think, Christ appear to him, and his family and they converted to Catholicism.
He was a Rabbi of Rome, he had fame, probably money. Sacrificed so much, for Christ.
Just logically, logically think of the situation. Rabbi of Romes risks everything and converts to Catholicism.
THINK, peace.

wait you don't even have a name for this guy? He "probably" had lots of money.

He had fame, but again, no name? i haven't heard of him. this happened at a jewish holiday..... i think.

Logically? Okay. You have no clue about what even happened.

Someone is claiming that he saw Jesus and thus converted. He gave up a religious position to follow another. not very radical.

Of course, we have no reason to KNOW that any of this happened. Just his claims.

Also, if he did think he saw Jesus (which does not mean he did, also this would contradict the whole second coming thing), then he would have still acted as though he definitely saw Jesus.

You ask him to read a book. He says okay but you need to read my book too. You say Jesus is lord and I don't need to read your silly book. You then give him another book to read despite not even attempting his request. You brush it off and continue on your way pissing people off and pushing people even further away from your faith. You have done more harm then good and you see that as a virtue.

I don't know why I'm even putting myself through this torture. Maybe the questions will just kinda reside in his head, like the questions did mine before he doubts. Idk.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#99LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:41:51 PM(edited)
I will give you the name. Israel Zolli
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Zolli
He has a book
Before the Dawn: Autobiographical Reflections by Eugenio Zolli, Former Chief Rabbi of Rome

You know how Jews are proud of their religion. But here you have Rabbi of Rome. That should make you think, you can read his autobiography or you will not. This is where free will comes in.
---
#100LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:44:51 PM

The highlights of his spiritual journey are covered in this book along with some marvelous insights by Rabbi Zolli on Judaism, mysticism, the Law, and the Gospel. Zolli speaks of his journey not as a betrayal of the Synagogue but as a completion and fulfillment, describing himself as becoming a "completed Jew" by recognizing Jesus Christ ("Rabbi Yeshua") as the Messiah and joining His Church. Zolli offers unique insights on the continuity between the Synagogue and the Catholic Church and many interesting insights into the Scriptures--including the New Testament--from an Orthodox Jewish perspective.

---